Thread: Will Micromax offer Android 4.4 Kitkat Update to any its smartphone

Will Micromax offer Android 4.4 Kitkat Update to any its smartphone

Hi, I'm using a Canvas Doodle 2 smartphone since past two months. The phone is working great but i have a question. As its been over a month google released Kitkat OS. I know this update is yet not available for any mid ranged or any devices except Motorola and Google's own Nexus. But i read a news here saying WickedLeak Wammy Passion Z+ received Android 4.4 KitKat update. So if this device from Indian Manufacturer can receive Kitkat update, then why not Micromax's super hit Canvas smartphone?

Do any of you guys around here think Micromax will release Android 4.4 Kitkat update for its Canvas smartphones which are already released in the market, like mine Doodle 2?

Re: Will Micromax offer Android 4.4 Kitkat Update to any its smartphone

As a Canvas Doodle 2 user, you should be happy with this answer. Nice question by the way.

Now a days there is a rumor around the web saying Micromax is planning to roll out directly Android 4.4 OTA update, skipping Android 4.3 Jellybean, for several smartphones under Canvas series. And this list should surely include your Doodle 2 as well because it is the recently launched device.

You need to just wait for few more weeks until the rumor gets confirmed but i strongly feel Micromax will roll out Kitkat Update.

Quote Originally Posted by Macosx View Post
    Now a days there is a rumor around the web saying Micromax is planning to roll out directly Android 4.4 OTA update, skipping Android 4.3 Jellybean, for several smartphones under Canvas series. And this list should surely include your Doodle 2 as well because it is the recently launched device.
    That's really a great news. Can you also provide me the list of those phones? I mean i also have a older Canvas phone (Canvas 2 A110 ). So, is it also going to get Kitkat OTA?

Let me make it clear. This is not the official news from Micromax, but this rumor was tweeted by MMXNewscaster last week. And the tweet includes total of 11 Micromax Canvas phone for kitkat update which includes the following:

• Micromax Canvas 4 A210
    • Micromax Canvas Turbo A250
    • Micromax Canvas Doodle 2 A240
    • Micromax A200
    • Micromax Canvas Magnus A117
    • Micromax Canvas HD A116
    • Micromax Canvas HD A116i
    • Micromax Canvas 2.2 A114
    • Micromax Canvas Doodle A111
    • Micromax Canvas 2 Plus A110Q
    • Micromax Canvas 2 A110

Nice info hacker, here is some addition to the list. There are also few canvas older smartphones which were launched with Ice Cream Sandwich and never received any further updates. According to the same tweet, Micromax A115 Canvas 3D, Micromax A101 and
    Micromax A100 will also be updated from ICS to Jellybean Android 4.1.