Thread: 'OK Google' not working on my Nexus 5

'OK Google' not working on my Nexus 5

Hey techies, need some urgent help.

I finally got my hands on the new Nexus 5, i must say it is an amazing device. I'm really happy to get it, really a worth of its price but here is a small problem. As we know the device is running on Android 4.4 Kitkat and it supports the new Google search where you just need to speak 'Ok Google' to start searching. Due to some reasons it is not working on my phone. No matter how many times i says "Ok Google", nothing happens.

Is there any settings we need to do to get it work? Please help me soon. Thanks.

Re: 'OK Google' not working on my Nexus 5

Nope, there is no extra settings to make it working. It comes turned on by default. But somehow if it not working on your phone than go into settings, tap Language and input. Now change your default language to something else and save. Now make any random search using Google now and again change back the language to English US. Save and you are done.

I think this feature was introduced with Moto X earlier. Sounds really good. You can set alarms, reminders etc by just speaking even your phone is kept far on the table.

I wish Samsung offers such feature in its Note series as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahula View Post
    I wish Samsung offers such feature in its Note series as well.
    Well you can now how that feature on your Samsung phone as well and that also without doing any developer kind of job like rooting etc. You just need to install three simple APK files and you will get the "OK Google" as well as few more features of Nexus 5 on your Samsung smartphone. Here is the detailed guide for doing the same. How to install Android 4.4 Kitkat Launcher

Not just Samsung, infact any smartphone running on Android 4.2 or higher can get these features on their phones.