Thread: How to upgrade Nokia Lumia firmware using Windows PC, not OTA

How to upgrade Nokia Lumia firmware using Windows PC, not OTA

I want to run a new update on my Nokia Lumia phone through PC. I am having a very slow mobile data pack and it has a network issue. Also i dont have 3G access in my area, nor a wifi. Recently I got a message in the update column which says that new update is available. I want to do the same thing through Zune. I had connected the phone to my pc and also installed Zune. But it does not show any updates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: How to upgrade Nokia Lumia firmware using Windows PC, not OTA

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    I had connected the phone to my pc and also installed Zune. But it does not show any updates.
    Zune does not support this thing. You will have to use Windows Phone App. This app can help you to run the update through your pc. I had never tested this, but many say that through Windows Phone App you can also sync your device and do various stuff. The app is free which you can download from the official website.

Just install this app in your pc and connect the phone. You will see a popup on your screen. If there is any update the app will notify you. All you have to do is follow the on-screen procedure to run it. And it will take care about the setup. Once any new update is installed you will have to go back in the settings and under phone updates you have to tap. If there is more pending update re-run the procedure back.