Thread: Need Adobe flash player for Lumia Windows Phone 8

Need Adobe flash player for Lumia Windows Phone 8

Do Windows have any problem with Adobe flash player? Or only I am in the world facing this problem. Can anyone confirm this? I am not able to find Adobe Flash Player for my Windows 8 mobile. It does not look that Microsoft has removed the flash support. It can be some kind of bug for windows phones.

I tried to find that on Windows app store but unable to find it. While Adobe is already giving that for Android.

Re: Need Adobe flash player for Lumia Windows Phone 8

It is not discontinued by Adobe. It is available. I had tested out some device recently and all belong to Nokia Lumia series. This device has flash inbuilt in them. Flash is required to browse web and to view videos online. And if this is not provided them we will not be able to do anything. My friend has Lumia 720 in which I can see a flash player icon in the menu. So it looks this is pre-installed in the device.

Quote Originally Posted by RA-One View Post
    It is not discontinued by Adobe. It is available. I had tested out some device recently and all belong to Nokia Lumia series.
    That is impossible. Microsoft cannot do anything here, they didn't removed flash access from the device. It is removed by adobe itself.

Infact, even Android phones doesn't have Flash support since past 1 year. The reason behind this is because many website are migrating to HTML5 which is better. So here it will take some time when the entire popular site on web will be completely based on html5.Even iPhone never has flash in it.

This is a question that why Adobe really discontinued flash player. They are one by one killing the support for mobile devices. While for desktop version this is still active and working. Is there any big issue with adobe? They are not giving out any official confirmation on the same. I remember I had seen Adobe flash app in the market place before and now it is not available. There is some third party download site offering the download. I had not tested it. It look Adobe if more focused towards pc browsing.