Thread: No Facebook Chat in Internet Explorer 11?

No Facebook Chat in Internet Explorer 11?

I got some new updates on 14th of August this year in my newly updated windows 8.1. Those were pending updates and I later installed them. After installing them the Internet Explorer is having some issue with Facebook Chat Messenger. I am sure the update has caused the problem. Before that I was able to chat with my friends. But after update the does not load at all.

I am trying to load the same inside the browser. When I click on that nothing happens. Is this thing blocked? Does anyone else having the same issue?

Re: No Facebook Chat in Internet Explorer 11?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    But after update the does not load at all.

I am trying to load the same inside the browser. When I click on that nothing happens. Is this thing blocked? Does anyone else having the same issue?
    I think you are correct buddy, this looks like an update bug because I am also having the same issue. Just for checking I opened the same website on chrome and Firefox. The chat worked on them. But when I try to do the same on Internet Explorer it is not working. It looks some issue has blocked the chat messenger. Other all things are working fine. I am trying to find more bugs and will report to Microsoft if this is not fixed. I hope there will be a fixed update for the same.

The update blocks chat messenger for some time. But you can try third party app for that if you want. Now here I had located a fix that really worked. When you open Facebook you can see the lower right area is dark. Hit F12 and you can see an image. Try to refresh the page a number of time and this will work. And you will not get any issue later on. But this update is annoying. I am thinking to remove the same. But will this cause any problem with the system.

This is a temporary issue. And this will be fixed soon. All you have to do is waiting back for a hot fix that can resolve the problem. It is really annoying when you such issue in your system due to failed updates.

I am using Chrome in which I never face such issue. So you can for the time being switch to some other browser. Microsoft has not yet provided any detail info when they are going to have a proper hot fix update for the same.