Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Reception problem with iPhone 5

Reception problem with iPhone 5

Just got a new iPhone 5. I got that on contract with AT&T. The phone is working fine. I had activated the internet plan also which is a bit limited. Now I find there is a bit reception issue with this device. I am not able to figure out actually. Sometime the call drops and some time it works quiet fine. I had checked the settings all looks better.

I just want to confirm that are there other people too who are getting the same issue or is it just me? I am using internet a lot. My facebook, twitter, mail etc are all synced with the phone. Does that make the network chip too hot which cause the issue.

Re: Reception problem with iPhone 5

There is no clear news on the same about which you are talking. The older editions were facing issue with the reception but that was soon fixed. My mom has one. It is working fine. She is not much into internet. She just checks the email thatís all. I use it to download application and it work well. Talking about the call quality it is acceptable. Check your area, there might be issue with the reception. In many places I had seen that the network breaks in between. It can be due to any obstacle or poor tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayushi View Post
    Just got a new iPhone 5. I got that on contract with AT&T. The phone is working fine. I had activated the internet plan also which is a bit limited. Now I find there is a bit reception issue with this device. I am not able to figure out actually. Sometime the call drops and some time it works quiet fine. I had checked the settings all looks better.
    My friend just bought that. It is an awesome device and this time Apple has given a much bigger and thinner device. I think the design would be responsible for the same.

My friend added some cool apps that work through internet. If you have such kind of app they put pressure on the phone resources which in result led to low battery performance. There nothing Apple can do in this. It is basically a users practice what he wants to do in it.

I had not yet bought this but have read many articles and site which might have discussion based on the same. Because that is the only place where we can locate the device status the errors and bugs. Yet no one has reported any major fault with the same. Last time when I bought the device I faced issue with battery a lot. But that was agreed as it is due to high usage. Letís see what iPhone 5 can offer to people.