Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Very poor Map Service by iPhone 5

Very poor Map Service by iPhone 5

Apple has made a quiet fuss in promoting its unique map service. But that has proved to be a bit low. I had seen some samples on web which has criticized Apple Map service. I do not understand why this company is taking a bit step to enter the navigation service. And if even they had did that they must make it appropriate. My friends own this phone and found that the existing Map service is very dull. While compared to that Google Maps is far better. It looks Apple has take a bit risk in providing this feature too early.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Very poor Map Service by iPhone 5

That is right. I am too not happy by what Apple is providing. I am using Google Maps for years and seen major improvement. Like if you are looking for some direction you can see bus stop. If you click on it, there is small popup which tells you about the buses passing through that route with numbers.

So these are something which is not yet provided by Apple in better way. They must concentrate on Siri more as it is the only best thing I had seen in iPhone. Also there is major modification done with the design which makes it a more unique gadget.

zeddo

Re: Very poor Map Service by iPhone 5

Apple has just started working on the map thing. And that is the reason the quality is not so expected. I had seen Google, keeps on enhancing the experience by adding better map service. Like they had started adding panoramic images, more detailed street views, etc. Mapping is best done by Google and I agree with the same. Even on Android if you have nice internet connectivity then you can simply locate the right way out with the help of gps.