Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Nokia planning to provide two more budget Asha phones, Asha 308 and 309

Nokia planning to provide two more budget Asha phones, Asha 308 and 309

Nokia just announced two new budget phone under Asha series. Called as Asha 308 and 309 the device is expected to lie below Rs.10,000. As budget android market has already flooded with ICS and Gingerbread, we can expect from Nokia to provide more durable devices. Asha series proved to be a common man's android, and has gain quiet interest among buyers. As the most trusted mobile brand in India, we can hope to get much better devices.

Lets have a sneak peak of these two upcoming Asha phones:

Re: Nokia planing to provide two more budget Asha phones, Asha 308 and 309

I saw Nokia Asha 308. I dont know when it is releasing, but this does not looks like a fresh news. And from where do you got the prices. This phones are not yet on sale.

BTW Asha 308 looks really awesome. It has a wide touchscreen on the front side fully covered and comes with interesting features like dual sim and 2 MP camera. The sim card slot in on the left side. In number of phones you can find a microSD card slot which is removable, Nokia designed somewhat similar to that for inserting SIM. It is expected to be loaded with Bluetooth 3.0. I hope this is the same model Nokia is going to provide.

Re: Nokia planing to provide two more budget Asha phones, Asha 308 and 309

After checking both the phone on the official website of Nokia, I found this phone design quiet awesome. They are too good in many ways. If this devices lies between Rs.10000 I am going to buy both. Nokia phones are very durable and they had a good resale value. They have robust design and a worth product to buy. It does not looks there is quiet a great difference between both the devices.

Re: Nokia planning to provide two more budget Asha phones, Asha 308 and 309

Asha 309 would be a bit greater in hardware I think. I was too not able to locate the exact difference. The phone has awesome look. If we will be able to get the exact information on the hardware, then it would be better to find what it actually offers. Nokia phones are very easy to handle. They are never complicated.

I think you guys are blind. Check the specification properly.

Both devices have S40 OS which is built on JAVA and there is no Android. I was expecting Gingerbread. I think Nokia is never going to provide budget Android devices. It is wrong what you mentioned. It is clearly mentioned S40 series OS with some pre-installed applications. That's all. If you need Android, visit Micromax.

This seems to be good news for Nokia users, especially for Asha series users. I think after E series and N series, Nokia is truly rocking the Indian Market (specifically) with the Asha QWERTY as well touch smartphones. By the way, can anyone please list the specifications of both 308 and 309 so that it will be easy for users to differentiate them easily?

Well here are the list of specification for Nokia Asha 308 and 309:

Nokia Asha 308:

• Display: 3-inch WVGA capacitive touch
    • Network: Dual-SIM
    • Camera: 2MP
    • Connectivity: Bluetooth 3.0
    • Battery: 1110mAh
    • Storage: 64MB internal storage, expandable upto 32GB via microSD
    • Miscellaneous: FM Radio with RDS

Nokia Asha 309:

• Display: 3-inch WVGA capacitive touch