Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Upgrading from android 2.2 to 2.3

Upgrading from android 2.2 to 2.3

Hi,

I have a samsung galaxy s purchased in the UK. Android version 2.2. I want to upgrade it to android 2.3 or above but the samsung service centre is refusing to do the same unless i sign a declaration that while doing so if the phone goes dead (which is a possibility) i will be responsible for it and not Samsung. This is because the phone has been purchased outside India. Is there any other way out. Please help.

Thanks in advance

Vishal

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Upgrading from android 2.2 to 2.3

Hello lavish13, first of all you are welcome to TechDiscussion Forums. I would like to tell you that why you are paying them for just doing software update that also with so many agreement signing process. Common buddy, you can do it yourself and trust me there is no risk unless and until you follow little simple procedure. I will help you for the same.

You havenít mentioned the exact model of Galaxy S you are using ? I mean is it Galaxy S 1, S2 or S3 or Galaxy S II X SGH-T989D. There are various models. Anyways, iím mentioning the simplest and successful method for you. You just need to have a PC with Internet connection and your Mobileís original USB cable.

• First of download Samsung KIES from here. If you dont know it is the Samsung PC Suite.
    • Download and install the same on your computer.
    • Make sure your Mobileís battery is charged atleast 80% because it shouldnít get shut off during the process.
    • Launch KIES and connect your mobile with your computer using USB Cable.
    • Wait for few minutes until KIES detect your phone.
    • If it is yet running with Android 2.2, you will get a Pop Up message saying Software Update is available.
    • You just need to click on UPDATE button and let the system do its work.
    • If you get any prompt during the process, just keep following the onscreen instructions.
    • Your mobile may restart various times during the process, but donít get panic, that is the part of the up gradation process.
    • Once it is upgraded you will get confirmation prompt about the same.

Thatís it. You are done. For more help, you can download the PDF file attached with this post below. There you will get the step by step process with images.

Let me know if you need you any more help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Follow us on Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | Twitter

Thanks a lot sir for your reply. I am having samsung galaxy s1 (GT - I9000). The procedure that you have suggested sounds quite simple even for a novice like me. I will give it a try and take the liberty of disturbing you again in case i am stuck at any level. Thanks again for your help.

Cheers

Vishal

Quote Originally Posted by lavish13 View Post
    I will give it a try and take the liberty of disturbing you again in case i am stuck at any level. Thanks again for your help.
    You are Welcome every time buddy