Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Do AVG works with Windows 8

Do AVG works with Windows 8

Currently I am working with Windows 7 and I am having AVG 2012 security. Now I am thinking to upgrade my OS to Windows 8 Consumer Preview before Microsoft launches the final version next month. Now the question is will I able to use AVG in Windows 8? Are there any updates or patches available for AVG so that I can use it in Windows 8?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Do AVG works with Windows 8

Before upgrading your Windows 7 to Windows 8, keep in mind that AVG have not released yet for Windows 8. But they have ensured their users that they will launch soon after the release of official Windows 8.

So its upto you to decide whether to upgrade your operating system or not, but the fact is AVG 2012 is not compatible with Windows 8.

Quote Originally Posted by EddY View Post
    Currently I am working with Windows 7 and I am having AVG 2012 security. Now I am thinking to upgrade my OS to Windows 8 Consumer Preview before Microsoft launches the final version next month. Now the question is will I able to use AVG in Windows 8? Are there any updates or patches available for AVG so that I can use it in Windows 8?
    Its fact that AVG 2012 is not compatible with Windows 8, but if you are a fan of AVG and want to use it for Windows 8, you should use AVG 2013 which is in beta version and is compatible with Windows 8 as well.

The design of the firewall built into the product has been revised to make its operation easier to understand. The software now takes into account "Reputation Files" established by a service that checks all new files added to a PC by comparing them to a date. For cohorts of users AVG free antivirus, apart from changes in the interface and performance improvements, everything goes much as before. The antivirus scan files on the hard drive and monitors memory.

One thing is certain: it is the marketing around computer security has become complex. Apart from its extremely popular free antivirus product AVG now offers seven products in the markets for the PC and mobile, including a suite of classic antivirus AVG Internet Security and Antivirus for Android. For consumers, the multiplicity of offers is very confusing. But at a time when consumers are running programs on multiple computers and sometimes with different operating systems, any company in this sector faces the same problem of communication and license management.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    One thing is certain: it is the marketing around computer security has become complex. Apart from its extremely popular free antivirus product AVG now offers seven products in the markets for the PC and mobile, including a suite of classic antivirus AVG Internet Security and Antivirus for Android. For consumers, the multiplicity of offers is very confusing. But at a time when consumers are running programs on multiple computers and sometimes with different operating systems, any company in this sector faces the same problem of communication and license management.
    as per your question windows 8 already inbuilt anti security software is available, i need to have protection to your external activities like internet safe surfing, protection to your cloud or any data server.
    and other point as you specified one companies communication and good antivirus product issues like license version[/URL] and prizing to get clear idea about these topics and have a quick review about other antivirus product in market got to reviewed online website for further details. hope you will have clear idea about the issues with these.

Avast anti-virus
    Avast produces security products for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Android and Linux users. It produces antivirus and security programs for personal and commercial use.