Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Firefox Certificate Problem

Firefox Certificate Problem

Hi all,

When I try to connect to my e-banking site. I get the following error message:

"internet banking.argenta.be:443 uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown. (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)"

Now I have connected to this website many times before, so the sudden change in behavior worries me. I only upgraded the NoScript add-on in my Firefox 3.0.5 since, and I tried already disabling that. I have also waited a few days in case the problem is at the websites server, but the problem remains.

With Internet Explorer I can connect to this site without any problem.How can I be sure that my Firefox is not hijacked or infected with malware? I did a scan with my Nod32 antivirus, and Spybot and Superantispyware, they all report tha my computer is clean. The website provides a link to install the GlobalSign certificate they use, but how can I be sure this is legit? A rogue site might provide such a link too?

This is the website of my bank, so I don't want to risk to expose my password connecting to it.I tried to export the GlobalSign certificate from my Internet Explorer, and import it to Firefox, but I get the message that it is already installed. Is it another certificate that I need to transfer?

I am using Vista SP1, Firefox 3.0.5, Internet Explorer 7. Any help or advise is highly appreciated.

Sergey

Re: Firefox Certificate Problem

The problem is surely from your Bank's server end related to Firefox browser. Did you checked your browser settings whether the warnings for untrusted certificates are unchecked/disabled ? If yes, enable them. Furthermore why are you still with Firefox 3 ? I mean it has reached to version 15 but you should atleast upgrade it to Firefox 4. Version 4 is the most stable version of Mozilla till now.

These certificate problems are most probably faced with FF 3 itself and work fine with all other Firefox versions as well as other browsers including IE, Opera or Chrome. So just upgrade it to FF 4 and problem will be solved.