Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound not working

Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound not working

I've been experiencing problems with my sound card. When windows logs in I can hear the initial windows login sound, but it gets cut off at the end of the tune. After that no sound is to be heard at all. If I reinstall the drivers without rebooting, itís working. Once I reboot (since it prompts me), the same issue happens, hear the initial sound, gets cut off at the end of the tune, stops working. Therefore I can only conclude that it seems to be a software problem, not the card, nor the headset. I donít have the problem with the on-board audio (ASUS ROG Maximums IV Extreme-Z). I've tried if thereís a difference between the from I/O panel and plugging it in the back did not make a difference. I did not have the problem before, it occurred after I installed my new BenQ XL2410 monitor. Swapping old monitor back didnít make the problem go away; therefore I don't believe that would be the problem.

The only way I can get it to work currently as a temp fix is to install the latest drivers and not reboot when prompted. This is only a temp fix though since every so often the computer does need to reboot, having the problem reoccur. Device manager shows no issues; all latest drivers have been applied.

Other system specs:Core I7 2600k
    • [li]GTX N580 Twin FROZR//OC edition[/li]

[li]ASUS ROG Maximum IV Extreme-Z motherboard[/li]
      [li]12 gigs of DDR3 Ram[/li]
      [li]X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series sound card[/li]

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound not working

Sorry if you have already done this, please make sure you have removed all previous sound card related drivers and software before you reinstall. Put the system in a clean boot state before reinstalling to make sure that you have no background applications running during the installation.

Re: Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound not working

[quote author=Rahul link=topic=184.msg265#msg265 date=1327255128]
    Sorry if you have already done this, please make sure you have removed all previous sound card related drivers and software before you reinstall. Put the system in a clean boot state before reinstalling to make sure that you have no background applications running during the installation.
    [/quote]

I've done the same procedure booted in safe mode, as to my understanding safe mode doesnít boot up any unneeded services either. This however did unfortunately not fix the problem. No background processes were running during installation.