Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to download and apply Nokia Belle Refresh update on Nokia N8

How to download and apply Nokia Belle Refresh update on Nokia N8

I am having Nokia N8 and as you guys might be aware Symbian Belle or now better known as Nokia Belle has launched its update recently for N8. I want to know how can I download and apply the latest Nokia Belle Refresh update on my Nokia N8 ? Let me tell you that I haven’t tried it yet because I don’t want to make any mistake with firmwares.

Hope some members will assist me immediately.

Re: How to download and apply Nokia Belle Refresh update on Nokia N8

First of all I will recommend you to be inside WiFi zone I am gonna tell you updating Belle Refresh via OTA update. Also make sure that your mobile’s battery is atleast 80% charged. Now lets start the process by dialing *#0000 # and wait a couple of seconds, then see what your current operating system. It must have to install Symbian Anna Belle. If so, click on "check for updates" and follow the steps on the screen. At a point you will be asked whether you want to install the update or not, press Yes and you are done.

If you are doing it via Nokia Suite connecting your PC Via Cable, then go to Nokia Page to check if the update is available for your country and model, for some countries especially if it was purchased with some arena, the update could be delayed, if your phone was bought in the U.S. (via Amazon for example), then you should look for models within that country. If the update is available for your phone, you must have the latest version of Nokia Suite on your PC to continue the process. Then proceed to connect your smartphone to the PC with the USB cable.

That was indeed a great info buddy but I would like to add some more information that would be useful for you. Make sure your battery wont get down or you don’t use this phone while in software upgrade process because it may do heavy damage to the device.

Quote Originally Posted by russel View Post
    That was indeed a great info buddy but I would like to add some more information that would be useful for you. Make sure your battery wont get down or you don’t use this phone while in software upgrade process because it may do heavy damage to the device.
    Also keep in mind that during the process the phone will restart several times, producing various sounds and send messages as the phone has been connected and disconnected from the computer. This is all normal and you should not respond on this message. Don’t disconnect your phone from the cable or it can be dead.