Sony unveiled the brand new tablet Sony VAIO Duo 11with Windows 8, a tablet down showing a keyboard when needed, which will ultimately stronger competition for Microsoft Surface tablet. Sony has already had some previous attempts in the tablet market, not very successfully I must say, but we believe that with the Sony VAIO Duo 11 history will be different, not only it is a fresh and innovative concept but also there are several options at hand, the VAIO Duo 11 comes with different CPU versions and different specifications to fit perfectly not only in needs but also in the budget of the user.
The new tablet from Sony offer a version with the powerful Intel Core i7-3517U, among other options, the display will include 11.6 inch 1080p BRAVIA technology. Adding to that it would have 1920 x 1080 resolutions FullHD with capacitive touchscreen. Talking about the RAM, it would have options of 4GB and 8GB which would be DDR3 1600MHz SDRAM. Storage technology appeals to the SSD that come in options from 128GB to 256GB. The operating system would be Windows 8 or Windows 8 Pro.
Specifications (Quick View):
- Dimensions – 320(D) x 17.85(H) x 199(W) mm
- Weight – 1.3 kg (including battery)
- Screen – 11.6 inch FullHD (1920 x 1080); capacitive touchscreen
- Processor – Intel Core i7-3517U, Intel Core i5-3317U or Intel Core i3-3217U
- Graphics – Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Operating System – Windows 8 or Windows 8 Pro
- RAM – 4GB or 8GB DDR3 1600MHz SDRAM
- Hard Disk - 128GB or 256GB
Sony Vaio Duo 11Windows 8 tablet would be available in selected countries from last week of October this year.