Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Poll: Google Drive OR MS SkyDrive

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Google Drive vs Microsoft SkyDrive for Android ?

Google Drive vs Microsoft SkyDrive for Android ?

Now a days storage problem storage has been solved at great extent because of the cloud storage services. As of now all 3 tech giants have launched their cloud storage services, i.e. Apple's iCloud, Microsoft Storage and Google Drive. Though these services are running from last 2 to 3 years for our computers, they have now come to portable devices recently. hence i thought to create a poll for Android devices cloud storage.

According to you guys, which one from Google Drive and Skydrive is better for Android based Smartphones and Tablets ?

zeddo

Re: Google Drive vs Microsoft SkyDrive for Android ?

According to me both are best at their place. I am using Google Drive since its launch and have full packed (stored 5Gb data on the same). This helped me to avoid external SD card and hence there is no change in my my tablets performance. Now as Skydrive is also launched, i installed the same last week and is working good as well. Better part with Skydrive is you get 7GB of free data storage, Yeah 2Gb extra compared to Google Drive.

I dont think there is much difference between the two services. Only 2Gb extra storage doesn't matters a lot. But if see it from another way Google Drive is Google's own and offcourse it will work better on Android devices. So i prefer using Google Drive. If i'll feel for more storage space, i'll definitely download Skydrive as well.

Quote Originally Posted by obama View Post
    But if see it from another way Google Drive is Google's own and offcourse it will work better on Android devices. So i prefer using Google Drive.
    Do you really feel so? If yes, did you noticed any problem using Google Drive on Microsoft's own Windows computers or laptops ? Do you want to say Skydrive works better than Google Drive on Windows based devices ?

Common buddy there is nothing such cheap things. Both are technology Giants and give their best services, no matter on which platform you are using . :-*

I have never been using any cloud server for storing my data but after getting suggested by few friends i thought get one but was confused with the same, Google Drive or Skydrive. So what i did was i downloaded both, compared their performance and UI for few days on my tablet and finally i found that SkyDrive is far better than Google Drive if you want to have anyone of them.

Let me list here few good features of SkyDrive:

• 7GB free Storage server.
    • We can not only access our own data but can also access the data our friends have shared with us.
    • Skydrive also give you option to view "Recently Used Documents". That means we will not need to browse again and again to see any particular.
    • It also allows us to share our files and folders instantly via email
    • Very simple and easy to use User Interface

Let me show you SkyDrive in Action: