Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Whats new in Micromax Funbook Alpha P250

Whats new in Micromax Funbook Alpha P250

Did you guys heard about Funbook Alpha P250 ? I saw a news 2 days ago that Micromax has launched this tablet in the market. I already have Galaxy Tab but was looking for one more for my kids. I was planning to buy the first funbook tab that was launched about 8 months ago. Now as i heard this, i want to know what is new in this Funbook Alpha ?

Is is upgraded version of the 7inch Funbook tab we saw earlier ? Please help.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Whats new in Micromax Funbook Alpha P250

The only difference in the new Funbook Alpha is the Processor, Storage space and price.

In the original Funbook we got only 2 GB storage space whereas with Alpha they are giving us 4GB internal storage and can be expanded upto 32GB using external SD Card. As per the price, where earlier Tab was and is still available for Rs 6500/-, Micromax is launching Alpha for Rs 5,999/-.

Now talking about processor, there is downgrade. The original Funbook was powered by 1.2GHz processor whereas this is powered by only 1GHz Cortex A13 single-core processor but still it is good for kids as they only love playing games and watching videos.

I dont think it is worth to buy Funbook Alpha. The only good thing is we getting 4GB internal storage instead of 2Gb compared to earlier one. That doesn't means lot because none of them is sufficient and we will have expand both of them upto 32GB using external. Also if we see about the price which is less by 500 rupees, there are various online vendors selling Original Funbook with discounted rate of 6000/- or 6100/- Rupees.

You just paying rupees 100 Rupees extra but getting superior processor. So first Funbook is better than Alpha if comparing 7inch tablet, and if wondering to get 10inch than offcourse Funbook Pro is far better than more than 100 tablets available in the market today not for just kids but for elder people like us as well.

There is nothing new in Funbook Alpha P250 that can impress us. Lets look at the complete details.

The new Funbook Alpha comes with 7inch capacitive touch screen display offering 800 x 480 pixels resolutions powered by 1 GHz processor , 512 MB RAM and Dual Mali 400 the 2D/3D GPU. There is no improvement in the camera as well, featuring 0.3MP front facing VGA camera. As per the connectivity WiFi b/g, USB 2.0, HDMI and offcourse 3G that can be used with external 3G dongle like the earlier one. It is running on 2800 mAh battery offering 5 hours of battery life in Usage mode. The only difference is Internal storage, providing 4GB internal and expandable up to 32GB.

Micromax Funbook Alpha P250 is only available as of now for sale on nCarry.com at the price of Rs. 5,999/-