Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Nokia Lumia 920 vs Lumia 820

Nokia Lumia 920 vs Lumia 820

I am already using Nokia 710 since its release and i must say that Nokia is very good with Windows operating system compared to its Belle OS. Anyways, i was thinking to buy Lumia 800 in next few days but as i heard Nokia has already unveiled the new Lumia 920 and 820, i dropped my idea to go with Lumia 800 and buy any one of these. So, can you guys please suggest me which one of these two new smartphones is better ?

Actually i want some comparison fugues between both of these Lumia smartphones. Thanks for your helps.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 vs Lumia 820 Comparison

Well if we compare these Lumia smartphones, obviously Nokia 920 wins over Nokia 920. Comparing them with display, Lumia 920 comes with 4.5-inch curved glass IPS LCD Pure Motion HD+ display with 1,280x768 pixels resolutions whereas Lumia 820 comes with 4.3-inch OLED display offering 800x480 pixel resolutions. So it is smaller as well as less smarter than 920 screen.

However there is no difference in processors and RAM in both of these Lumia phones, they come with the same 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor and 1GB of Ram. But again 920 wins comparing storage space. It comes with Built-in 32GB storage but lack external SD slot, whereas Lumia 820 comes with 8GB builtin storage but can be expanded upto 32GB using Micro SD slot.

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 vs Lumia 820

You are correct buddy, Lumia 920 is the most superior handset so far in entire Lumia series with large screen as mentioned above and storage space. But that is not all. It comes with the Nokia PureView technology as well but not as good as Nokia 808. In Lumia 920 we get 8.7 megapixel rear camera with LED 'pulse burst flash' that can record videos at 1080P resolution. There is also a 1.3 megapixel front facing camera that records HD videos too but a 780P, thats too enough, right ?

Now if we compare Lumia 820 according to camera, it too comes with 8 megapixel camera but lack the PureView technology. However it comes with Auto Focus and Carl Zeiss optics with Dual LED flash and records 1080P videos too. Talking about front facing camera, unlike Lumia 920, here we get just a VGA camera for making video calls.

Now as Lumia 920 seems better than 820 in various aspects, offcourse there will be the price different as well, where Lumia 920 cost can be expected much higher than 820. Anyways, that is yet to come, first we need to find out what is the release date of these phones.

Apart from Lumia 920 and 820 if we are comparing Windows Phone 8 devices, than we should also consider Samsung ATIV S as well. It should be surprising that Samsung Ativ S again beats this new Lumia smartphones with its specifications. Its sleek in design and if talking about Screen than 4.3inch of Lumia 820 and 4.5inch of 920 is smaller than ATIV S 4.8inch Super AMOLED display offering 1,280x720 pixel resolutions. It is again superior than above 2 smartphones in Storage stuff. Comes with built-in 16Gb and 32GB variant but also supports external SD Card to expand more.

As per camera, it is the same 8 MegaPixel rear camera with autofocus and LED Flash and capable to record HD videos at 1080p too. But unlike both above Lumia phones, it has 1.9 MegaPixel Front facing camera. Checkout the complete specifications below:

• 1 GB RAM
    • Windows Phone 8
    • 4.8 Inch Super AMOLED HD Display
    • 8MP Camera
    • 16 GB On-Board Storage
    • 2300 MAh Battery

I think if we compared Both Lumia phones, than offcourse Lumia 920 is better than 820. But if we are comparing all Windows Phone 8 based phones than i too agree with desidude above, surely Samsung ATIV S wins the race. But lets compare both Lumia 920 and 820 Specifications:

LUMIA 920:

• Windows Phone 8 OS
    • 4.5-inch (1280 768 pixels)Pure Motion HD+ IPS capacitive touch screen display
    • 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor
    • 8MP camera with LED Flash, optical imaging stabilization and Carl Zeiss optics, 1080p HD video recording 1.2MP 720p HD front-facing camera
    • 4G LTE/ 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.1, GPS / aGPS, NFC
    • 1GB RAM, 32GB internal memory
    • 2,000mAh battery with integrated Qi wireless charging

LUMIA 820:

• Windows Phone 8 OS
    • 4.3 inch-inch (800 x 480 pixels)OLED ClearBlack display
    • 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor
    • 8MP Auto Focus camera with Carl Zeiss optics and Dual LED flash, 1080p HD recording at 30 fps
    • VGA front-facing camera
    • 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
    • 4G LTE/ 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.1, GPS / aGPS, NFC
    • 1650mAh battery with support for Qi wireless charging

You can check and compare the complete specifications between Lumia 920 and 820 here.