Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to unlock Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Bootloader

How to unlock Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Bootloader

Hi, need some help guys regarding the phone mentioned above in the title. My bro bought new Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE recently, i must admit its an awesome smartphone. Now this is the first ever Motorola handset for me or my bro hence we dont have much info about the same. We already have few android smartphones and have some idea about rooting and unlocking bootloader to increase their performance. Someone told use that we need to unlock the bootloader of Photon Q as well. But as this is new for us we dont have any idea about this brand. Can you guys please help us by giving step by step process of doing the same ?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to unlock Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Bootloader

Well, there is a good news for you friend. Though you are new for Motorola devices, Unlocking Bootloader is much easier than ever for you in any Motorola branded smartphones.

They have launched an official website called "Unlock My Device" where users can easily unlock bootloaders with their help. You just need to visit this Motorola Website , read the information provided if you want, or directly click on a button "Proceed Anyway" at the bottom of the page. On next screen you will need to register for a Motorola ID if you don't have existing, if you already have simply go ahead. Now follow the onscreen instructions. The entire process if too easy for a newbie as well.

Re: How to unlock Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Bootloader

Thats great. "Unlock My Device" is the best source for unlocking bootloaders in Motorola devices. As of now the websites has support for only 4 Moto devices and those are Photon Q, RAZR developer edition, XOOM Verizon and XOOM WiFi. Fortunately yours is one of them ;D

There are just four steps using which you can unlock your smartphone successfully. See the image below:

And here are steps you will need to follow in order to get your Motorola Device ID: