Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Guild Wars 2 Low FPS solutions

Guild Wars 2 Low FPS solutions

First i though it was me alone with problem but after searching on web it seems like there are thousands facing LOW FPS problems in Guild Wars 2. I started playing the game day before yesterday, play for about 7 to 8 hours till now but you know what, i haven't finished 30% of the game yet. Isn't that annoying, Yes it is. Am sick of it now.

This is my first ever MMO game. Hence i dont have much idea about troubleshooting the same. Can you guys please assist me something i can increase my FPS ?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Guild Wars 2 Low FPS solutions

FPS problems are very well know in online gaming, and people start compromising with the same. But anyway, lets try out something to fix it. First of all i would like to tell you that such problems probably use to be related with your graphics card. Didi you tried upgrading your graphics drivers ? If not, always do it now whenever you start playing any new game, and specially before starting any Online game. Not just graphics, instead update all your system drivers.

By the way, what is your system specifications ? Make sure it meets the system requirements for the game. If you are unsure, match it here http://forums.techdiscussion.in/show...m-Requirements

Quote Originally Posted by Englebert View Post
    This is my first ever MMO game. Hence i dont have much idea about troubleshooting the same. Can you guys please assist me something i can increase my FPS ?
    This is the only reason why i hat playing games Online. I only play Counter Strike because there are many servers where we get pretty good FPS. As per Guild Wars 2 and you, i would like to suggest you to please lower your graphics setting from graphic card control panel.

Another major cause for low FPS in online gaming is your security suites. Especially Norton. If your Antivirus or any security suite is ON, disable it before your start playing. And dont forget to check your internet connections. See what is the ping you getting. It should be good enough for playing games online.

I fixed my LOW FPS problem successfully with GUILD WARS 2.My system is not actually a gaming system. Though it is too goo for gaming I also use it for my work and have installed many huge applications like Adobe suites, Coral Draw, etc. There are many such processes running in your background when you start your PC. So, always kill those unwanted process by going into Task Manager, free up your system, lower your graphic settings and than start playing. You will get pretty good FPS.