Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to Sync Windows Phone on WiFi (wireless) with Windows 7

How to Sync Windows Phone on WiFi (wireless) with Windows 7

I have bought Lumia 900 which has Windows Phone 7.5 operating system. I am new to Windows phone and I want to connect my phone to my PC which is having OS Windows 7. I have tried connecting my phone but I am not able to synchronize my phone on WiFi with my PC. I do not know what additional things should I do? So please guide me accordingly so that I can sync Sync Windows Phone on WiFiwith Windows 7.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to Sync Windows Phone on WiFi (wireless) with Windows 7

It’s very helpful to sync wirelessly if you are using windows phone. It provides the wireless synchronization free and for that you should first download the Zune software. For that you need to follow these steps to make the adjustment properly.

• First, connect your WP7 smartphone via USB cable to your computer.
    • Start the included Zune software and click Settings > Phone > Wireless sync.
    • Then follow the instructions that are displayed on your screen.

After doing this you should able to Sync your Windows Phone on WiFi with Windows 7. And I am sure that you will succeed.

You should know some important things about the wireless sync with Windows Phone 7, and here they are:

• To synchronize the smartphone you must be logged in the same wireless network as the computer administrator.
    • Smartphone must be connected to the power supply.
    • The battery must be charged more than 50%.
    • There must be no song or video playing in your device.
    • It takes almost 15 minutes to start the synchronization.
    • Synchronization cannot be forced manually.

Once you follow these steps you will certainly not have any difficulty while connecting wirelessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Light View Post
    I have bought Lumia 900 which has Windows Phone 7.5 operating system. I am new to Windows phone and I want to connect my phone to my PC which is having OS Windows 7. I have tried connecting my phone but I am not able to synchronize my phone on WiFi with my PC. I do not know what additional things should I do? So please guide me accordingly so that I can sync Sync Windows Phone on WiFiwith Windows 7.
    The following are exact steps for connecting Windows Phone on WiFi with Windows 7

1. The first step is to connect to your wireless network with WP7. To do this, go to Settings, then click System, and then click Wi-Fi.
    2. Turn on WiFi, select the network and enter the security key if necessary. Once connected, open the Zune software on your PC.
    3. Connect the USB cable your WP7.
    4. Click Settings, and then select Phone and Wireless Sync.
    5. Under the right side click Wireless synchronization, if all went well, the Status should indicate that a phone is connected. If this is not the case, click Refresh.
    6. Then click the Sync wireless button.
    7. Confirm the network by clicking on Next, wait a few minutes and click Finish.
    8. Click OK to confirm.
    9. Disconnect your phone from the PC and put it on charge for a few seconds. Windows will automatically detect your device and install it. Proceed with Zune to sync your library.

The first thing to do is downloading the Zune software. When connecting a phone, a new tab "telephone" is added to the list at the top of your screen. To change the values that will be synchronized with your Windows Phone, go to Settings > Phone > Sync Options. On this screen, you choose what content you want to sync. If you choose to synchronize only the items you have selected, the easiest way to sync your content with the phone is drag and drop the icon on the bottom left. The Zune software takes care of the synchronization. You can also right click on any item (song, album, artist selection / playlist) and choose to sync with your Windows Phone.