Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to fix Game stopped working errors on Windows

How to fix Game stopped working errors on Windows

I want to know how I can fix an error that emerges while playing most of the games on PC. I often get an error message stating Game stopped working. I dont know an exact cause for that but this happens while playing many games like GTA 4, NFS Shift, Just Cause 2, etc.

I am having AMD Radeon HD 6850 and I dont think that graphic card is the cause for this problem. Please tell me some helpful solutions and I need it quick because I am not able to play the games more than 30 minutes.

Re: How to fix Game stopped working errors on Windows

Even I dont think that the problem is arising because of your video card as it is good for games that you are playing. I think that you should try doing the following things:

1. Turn off your Anti-Virus or Firewalls before playing the games
    2. Try to install an updated driver that is required for your HD 6850 using precise method including running Driver Sweeper
    3. As all these games require DirectX, try to install the latest version of it. And I would recommend you to install it from Microsofts site.

Hope your problem will get resolved by one of the above solutions.

Even I found some issues similar that you are mentioning. Clicking on a game and always displays the following error message: C: \ Windows \ System32 \ gameux.dll is maybe intended for execution on Windows. Also sometimes it suggests that try installing the program using the original installation media again, or contact your system administrator or software vendor for assistance. I have already tried basic stuff like turning off anti-virus and updating the drivers. What else ?

I would suggest you to delete the temporary files recursively. For doing that click on start and write the following in Run command:

%TEMP%
    Otherwise, you can navigate the EventLog (eventvwr.exe) for errors and warnings. And from that you can troubleshoot an exact problem.