Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: No Flash Player in Firefox 13

No Flash Player in Firefox 13

I am getting very frustrated as my firefox does not run any video that uses flash. Like while watching YouTube the video gets crashed every now and then reporting me an error of flash. I have recently updated my browser and now I am using Mozilla Firefox 13. But when I use Google Chrome everything works normal.

I uninstalled flashplugin-installer and installed adobe-flashplugin but no success. Please tell me some solutions so that I would continue to use the Firefox.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: No Flash Player in Firefox 13

Many Mozilla users are having same issues. Why donít you try to uninstall the Firefox and install it again? There are chances that while updating browser, some of the files might have got corrupted, so reinstalling it will definitely fix the problem.

The problem is the "Protected Mode" of Flash Player and the solution is to disable it. For disabling it, do the following steps:

• Find mms.cfg file that will be located at C: \ windows \ system32 \ Macromed \ Flash
    • Open it with Notepad. If you cannot find it, you can create it with Notepad.
    • Add the line: ProtectedMode=0
    • Depending on the operating system, it may not allow you to save your changes. In that case, you must save the file to another folder and then copy it to the place (overwrite) where the original mms.cfg file is located.

To re-enable Protected Mode, you must do the same but eliminating the line included. I am sure that this solution will help you.

I donít think that the problem is because of Flash but it is in the interaction between the latest version of the Flash plugin and Firefox.

Seen in other browsers everything works fine, it was possible that the fault is lying in the latest update of Firefox. And I am sure that new version will definitely solve all these issues.

According to the release notes of the new Flash Player 11.3, this update should solve the problems that have been occurring, plus another problem identified, consisting of sound distortion when playing some Flash content via streaming.

If you are experiencing these difficulties again and again by using the Flash plugin with Firefox, you may have a conflict with a previous version of the Adobe Flash plugin or extension DLM.