As the Karbonn SmartTab 1 and Micromax Funbook Pro 10.1 are costing less than Rs.10,000 many people are willing to buy these tabs. So I thought to provide some useful information differentiating these two tabs so that you can decide easily which one to buy.
OS and Processor:
• Karbonn SmartTab 1 – It is powered with 1.2 GHz Processor and has Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with MIPS-Based JZ4770 SoC.
• Funbook Pro 10.1 – It is powered with 1.2 GHz Cortex-A8 and has Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich with Dual Mali 2D/3D Graphics processor.
Comparing these two OS the Android Jelly Bean is an updated version of an Ice Cream Sandwich. Funbook Pro 10.1 has Android ICS but it can be upgraded to Android Jelly Bean (upgrade not announced yet). So if you are looking for the latest Android version, you are recommended to go for Karbonn SmartTab 1. But note again, there are many apps that wont work with Jelly Bean yet as it is new OS and developers are working to make those apps compatible with JB. So, as conclusion, still ICS is better compared to Jelly Bean.
• Karbonn SmartTab 1 – 7 inches capacitive 5-point touch screen
• Funbook Pro 10.1 - 10.1 inches TFT capacitive touchscreen
You can easily make out that Funbook Pro will be having big screen compared to the SmartTab 1. So if you are looking for better pictures, better Movie experience and HD Video Games on your screen you should opt for Funbook Pro 10.1 which has resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels on screen.
• Karbonn SmartTab 1 – Comes with 4GB built-in and can be expanded upto 32 GB via microSD.
• Funbook Pro 10.1 – Has 8 GB internal storage with 1 GB RAM; expandable memory upto 32 GB via microSD
Here also you can easily make out that if you are looking for good memory space; whether internal or expandable, you should go for Funbook Pro. As it is having 1 GB of RAM the speed of processing will increase to some extent. Also it will have less chances of hanging the device when more space is occupied on memory.
• Karbonn SmartTab 1 – Front Camera 2 megapixels
• Funbook Pro 10.1 – Front Camera VGA having 640x480 pixels
Both the tabs are not having good cameras when compared to higher range tablets. So the picture quality will not be good enough but you can use the camera for video capturing. When camera is considered the Karbonn SmartTab 1 is better than Funbook Pro.
• Karbonn SmartTab 1 – 3,700 mAh.
• Funbook Pro 10.1 – Li-Ion 5600 mAh.
You will get more battery backup in Funbook Pro than SmartTab 1. In Karbonn SmartTab 1 you will approximately get 25 Hours of Music Playback Time. Also if you use some tips to increase the battery charge your battery backup will be better than before.
• Karbonn SmartTab 1 – Rs. 6,990
• Funbook Pro 10.1 – RS. 9,999
When costs are compared the Karbonn SmartTab 1 can be considered as cheapest tablet having equivalent features with others. But even Micromax Funbook Pro 10.1 is costing bit higher it is worth buying as it has many good features that SmartTab 1 is missing.
So whats your choice among these two tabs ? Jelly Bean Powered Karbonn or ICS powered Micromax ??