Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to update Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on HTC One X

How to update Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on HTC One X

I have recently heard that we can update Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on HTC One X, HTC One XL and HTC One S. My brother is having HTC One X with him and he is eager to update his OS to Android 4.1. As we are not having enough knowledge about the firmware and operating system, I thought to post over here and get some help from professionals. Please tell me how can I update Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on HTC One X?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to update Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on HTC One X

You should know that the update that has released is for only unlocked devices and not all. So you cannot update Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your HTC One X right now if it is not unlocked. We can hope that in coming days, the custom ROM firmware may get released which would be based on Jelly Bean and its previous version.

You can now update your HTC One X with the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean JRN83C firmware. Follow the procedure given below and you will able to update your HTC One X with Jelly Bean:

1. Download the firmware from [http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?t=1737736]
    2. After downloading the firmware copy it to the root folder of your SD card and then download Flash_Boot.zip file so that you can flash before proceeding.
    3. Then copy boot.imgfile in that folder and your folder will contain following files:
    • boot.img
    • flash-boot-linux.sh
    • flash-boot-mac.sh
    • flash-boot-windows.bat

4. Then connect your device to the PC after restarting it and then open flash-boot-windows.bat file which would be located in flash_boot folder.
    5. After sometime your device kernel will get flashed and then select Bootloader option by pressing the power key.
    6. Then go to the recovery option and select “factory reset” option, followed by “Wipe Cache Partition” due to which your cache will be cleared.
    7. Then choose the “Install zip from sd card” from the ClockWorkMod recovery and then choose the “jellybean_endeavoru_tgascoigne.zip”
    8. After restarting your device you will find Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your HTC One X.

Before messing with the system files I would like to recommend you to backup all your data in your PC. Because when you flash the firmware or clear the cache your data will get wiped off and you will not able to recollect it. Also before starting to do all this process make sure that your battery is having enough power, it should have more than 70 % charge. Because if it got switched off during the process due to battery, your device may brick.

If you are trying to update your HTC One X with Jelly Bean, then you should root the device and then unlock the boot loader in One X. And if you root your device the warranty will get void and if any shit happens you cannot take it to service center.

If you want to get warranty you should apply official firmware update. Think twice and then act wise.