Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Enable LED notification in Non-LED smartphones

Enable LED notification in Non-LED smartphones

I am having HTC Evo 3D and I want to enable LED notification in my smartphone. I have tried doing number of things but was not successful till now. Also I have observed in some HTC phones that there are no colors while accessing LED hardware and I didn’t know the reason till now.

Please tell me how can I enable LED notification in Non-LED smartphones?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Enable LED notification in Non-LED smartphones

Well for enabling LED in smartphones that don’t have built-in LED features, fortunately there is an app available on Google play called “LightFlow”. Once you install this application you can take control of the several notifications like vibrations, repeating sounds, etc. LightFlow is actually a paid app but they have also provided a free version so that you can try it before buying. If you are satisfied with their features you can buy or quite, isn’t it great ? Yes it is.

You can download the free version on your phone directly by visiting the Google Play Store but the thing you will have to keep in mind that it is trial version and not full version. When you install this application for the first time you may require going through some of the simple steps so that your Light Flow app works. Then follow the process:

1. Open the LightFlow application
    2. Tap on Settings
    3. Select an option “Enable Light Flow”
    4. Go back to Home Screen and click on settings.
    5. Then tap on Accessibility option.
    6. Under Services you will see new service called Light Flow Lite tap on it and enable the same.

zeddo

Quote Originally Posted by Heer View Post
    Also I have observed in some HTC phones that there are no colors while accessing LED hardware and I didn’t know the reason till now.
    You said that you noticed some HTC phones having no colors while accessing LED hardware, this is mainly because HTC have changed their permissions required to access the LED hardware. Otherwise, in standard mode the app can access only the green blinking light. If you have rooted the HTC phone app should be able to gain access to control the hardware.

The Android app "Lightflow Lite" allows you to customize the time and the color of the LEDs that are OFF (but of course under the constraints of the hardware) to be determined. You can also select the vibration and the equivalent ringtone. This permits you to modify your smartphone and know immediately which notification has been received.

Furthermore it is also possible to change the color depending on the contact and the LEDs so high that the color changes in an interval of 20 seconds.

With the Lightflow Lite LED application you can use your phone as personal touch and some information can see in the color pattern of the LEDs. Also keep in mind that this application requires Android OS 2.2 or higher.