Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Can I download Firefox desktop version operating system?

Can I download Firefox desktop version operating system?

I just came to know that Mozilla had released desktop version of Firefox operating system for the developers. I want to know that can I download this Firefox OS version for testing on my PC ? Also in which operating system it can be used? Please provide some significant details about the Firefox OS which can be useful.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Can I download Firefox desktop version operating system?

Mozilla unveiled last month that they will begin posting nightly desktop builds of Firefox OS online for anyone to use. The desktop builds of the OS, codenamed as Boot2Gecko (B2G), will be useful for almost all PC platforms like Windows, Linux and OS X. So you can download Firefox desktop version operating system in your machine.

Mozilla had already started creating regular builds of a B2G test environment that runs on limited desktop computers. One thing you should keep in mind that the builds are only for desktop and you cannot use it in smartphone or tablets.

If you are developer of web apps, there is good news for you. In Firefox OS, the desktop builds provides feature of creating and testing apps on the system. Another significant feature of Firefox OS is that it is based on standards-based Web technologies such as Linux kernel, HTML5, JavaScript, ASP, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayushi View Post
    I just came to know that Mozilla had released desktop version of Firefox operating system for the developers. I want to know that can I download this Firefox OS version for testing on my PC ? Also in which operating system it can be used? Please provide some significant details about the Firefox OS which can be useful.
    You have not mentioned what exactly you want to do in Firefox OS. It is useful in many terms when testing and creating apps are considered. Firefox OS offer an x86-compatible B2G runtime for testing the Gaia shell and applications that are built for the platform. Gaia contributors and for third-party developers that are interested in starting building applications would be benefited due to this tool. I would like to inform you can download these builds from the Mozilla FTP server.

If you want to use Firefox OS, you will have to do some configuration, so that you can use the software properly. For doing configuration, you will have to find the updated Gaia code from the GitHub source and then create a profile to use in the environment.