Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for just $39.99

How to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for just $39.99

I am now using Windows 7 and I wanted to upgrade it to Windows 8. My friend told me that now I can upgrade it from Microsoft’s site which is providing the Windows 7 users to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for just $39.99. Is it True ?

If yes, pleas let me know how can i get it at the said price ? And also tell me what all additional things I will get along with it.

Re: How to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for just $39.99

Microsoft has announced that they will ship Windows 8 Upgrades, for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 for $39.99. So you can definitely upgrade your Windows 7 to Windows 8. And even if you want to purchase the physical DVD, you can; only the upgrade cost will be $69.99. I would like to remind you that this offer is valid till end of January of next year starting (I guess) from October 26th that is the official release date of Windows 8 final versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ryder View Post
    If yes, pleas let me know how can i get it at the said price ? And also tell me what all additional things I will get along with it.
    Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant has built-in download manager that permits you to pause and continue your download at any time and you will able to do this after purchasing the upgrade. As you can continue downloading after pausing it, you can do it in number of days. It is not compulsory for you to sit and do the job in stretch of time. This is the plus point while downloading an upgrade.

Once you complete the download, you can select to continue with the upgrade having option as “Install now” or install later either from your desktop or by creating your own media. You will able to create your own bootable USB or .ISO file which can be burned onto a DVD for upgrade and backup purposes and this can happen only if you create your own media.

I belive that the only true upgrade is from Windows 7 to Windows 8 Pro. That is, upgrading and keeping all your settings, personal files, and programs. If you are having any version of Windows Vista you can keep your Settings as well as Personal Files. If you want two users, I believe that you'll be able to use the $15 upgrade on your laptops and desktops.

To upgrade both to Windows 8, you'll have to wait till Windows 8 is released, and then buy the $40 upgrade. By doing this you will be able to use OS as multi-users.