Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Unable to launch Darksiders 2 on Windows 7

Unable to launch Darksiders 2 on Windows 7

I am having Windows 7 and recently installed the Darksiders 2 but I am not able to play the game due to some unknown problem. The problem arises when I click the PLAY button. As I click on it, the game crashes and I get redirected to my explorer. Also couple of times, it got started automatically (don’t know how) and soon I got the message “could not load image”. My device is having all requirements that are needed to play this game.

Does anyone know how to resolve these problems? Please tell me soon as I cannot wait long to play this game.

Re: Unable to launch Darksiders 2 on Windows 7

First I would like to recommend you to check the system requirements properly. You can check it here http://forums.techdiscussion.in/show...startup-Issues . As you said if you are having everything proper, then lkets try out some another workaround..

Go to the installation folder of Darksiders 2, which would be located in C:\Program Files \ Steam \ Steamapps \ Darksiders 2, by default or go to the drive where you have installed it. Once you get the installation folder, right-click on exe file of Darksiders 2 and then select the ‘Compatibility Mode’. In that mode you will have to check an option that says “Disable Desktop Composition”. After this is done, try to run the Darksiders 2 one more time. I hope that your problem will get resolved by doing this. For more troubleshooting, check out the link I gave above.

Quote Originally Posted by Englebert View Post
    The problem arises when I click the PLAY button. As I click on it, the game crashes and I get redirected to my explorer. Also couple of times, it got started automatically (don’t know how) and soon I got the message “could not load image”.
    An error message “could not load image” many times appears due to shortcut in which many files are not linked up properly. So try to run the game directly by clicking on the darksiders 2 .exe file under installation folder.

For doing that check the drive where you have installed the game and go to the Darksiders 2 installation folder. In that folder search the Darksiders 2 .exe file. Once you find it, try to run that directly by double clicking on that file.

If nothing is fixing your problem, I would suggest you to update your drivers of video card, audio card, DirectX. Also try to install vcredist_x86.exe and dxwebsetup.exe in your Darksiders 2 folder (for Windows 7 32-bit). Hope these methods will help you.

Many times it happens that during the download, some files get corrupted. So before doing anything silly, try to reinstall the steam copy of Darksiders 2 again. There are chances that reinstalling will resolve your issues.

If you are still having issues then post here with your PC specifications, so that we will catch an issue properly and you will get an exact solution.