Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: My GPU Overheating while playing Darksiders 2 on Windows 7

My GPU Overheating while playing Darksiders 2 on Windows 7

Need some urgent help. I check Darksiders 2 system requirement before installing it and my system meets all those configurations. Installation went fine, game started comfortably but after playing for about 30 minutes i found that my GPU was just about to burn. It was so overheated that i was unable to touch it. First i thought could be my GPU problem but for testing purpose i played Prototype 2 for about 2 hours but my GPU was normal that time.

Is it only problem with Darsiders 2 with my system ? What could be the reason behind Overheating with this game ? And please let me know how can i fix it ?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: My GPU Overheating while playing Darksiders 2 on Windows 7

I dint faced any such problem with my Darksiders II copy. I guess there would be any problem with your system itself. Anyways for workaround just ensure that you have good flow because Darksiders 2 may use heavy GPU few times while in gameplay. To prevent those time to time extra GPU usage you can also try keeping your resolution to low settings than usual. Do it before you start playing the game next time or it will start giving some more problems like lagging, freezing, crashes,etc. For more help on Darksiders 2 troubleshooting, check this http://forums.techdiscussion.in/show...startup-Issues

This seems to be exactly what i was looking for. Thanks for discussing this issue guys. Even i am at the same state. Am running Darksiders II with ATI Radeon HD 2600 that gets overheated if am playing it continuously for 2 hours. And as Gamers said above am having pretty overflow space on my cabinet. Still the problem exists.

What could be the proper fix for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginni View Post
    Installation went fine, game started comfortably but after playing for about 30 minutes i found that my GPU was just about to burn. It was so overheated that i was unable to touch it. First i thought could be my GPU problem but for testing purpose i played Prototype 2 for about 2 hours but my GPU was normal that time.
    BTW, which graphic card are you using ? I hope you might be knowing that you need a decent power supply for high end graphics card. In other words your PSU should be compatible to run with or provide enough power to the GPU. As i dont know what is your system configuration but for instant let me tell you that just around 350 watts PSU will not be sufficient for a GPU running Darksiders 2 comfortably. For such decent graphic cards you must be having minimum 600 watts power supply.

Also note that your PSU should be connected directly to your graphic card. Dont share the power to your GPU in splitting or shared connection.