Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Unable to Install Darksiders 2

Unable to Install Darksiders 2

Hello guys, this is my first post and i wish you guys help me soon. I am trying to install the game on my Windows 7 MSI laptop but dont know why installation wont get completed. Let me explain in details.

First when i ran the installer, it got stuck in between for about 10 minutes. So i tried to cancel it but it was not cancelling as well. I just restarted my system and tried to install it again but this time the installer crashes. I tried more than 10 times but still the same problem. Can anyone please help me to install the game. I really want to play.

Re: Unable to Install Darksiders 2

I dont know why it was not complete the installation at the first time when you tried, but i can help you installing it now. As you said the installation was stuck in the first attempt, am sure it would have created some files on your system that is interfering the next installation. Hence, what you need to do is go to program files under C: and delete the folder named Darksiders 2. In short, you need to shift delete the earlier darksiders 2 installation folder. Now restart the installation, it should work. Reply back if you face the same problem again.

Quote Originally Posted by raone View Post
    what you need to do is go to program files under C: and delete the folder named Darksiders 2. In short, you need to shift delete the earlier darksiders 2 installation folder. Now restart the installation, it should work.
    Thanks for the quick help buddy. That really worked for me. i deleted the installation folder, restarted my system and launched the installaer again. This time it got installed without any problem. Appreciated.

Conratulations HULK for getting your problem solved. Guys, i too need bit help from you all. Am with the same game on Xp system. My system config meet all game requirements and my drivers are also updated. But when i launched the game, i noticed it lagging and freezing. After searching the reason for the same i found that i haven't updated my DirectX. Hence i went for the same.

Here is the the problem. My system is just unable to install or update DirectX. It gets stuck between the installation. What is the reason and whats the fix for this ?

As far as i know DirectX installation stucks due to some another program's interference. Are you using any webcam or mouse those are associated with Microsoft or logitech or any such brand ? If yes, they are preventing to install or update latest DirectX. So to fix this you must close or disable these programs before working with DX.