Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Darksiders 2 Steam Error "Game is Currently Unavailable" or Freezes during the Intro Video

Darksiders 2 Steam Error "Game is Currently Unavailable" or Freezes during the Intro Video

I bought the game just couple of hours ago Steam, installation went fine on my system having Windows 7 ultimate, 2GB RAM, Core i3 and nVidia card. But am just unable to play the game yet. Since last 3 hours am just doing troubleshooting. First whenever i was trying to launch the game many times it gave me error saying "Game is Currently Unavailable" and crashes to desktop.

While workaround dont know what i did, the error disappeared and the game is atleast launching. But now it freezes during the Intro video. Am just sick of it now and dont know how to fix. Could you guys please help me in this ? :-[

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Darksiders 2 Steam Error "Game is Currently Unavailable" or Freezes during the Intro Video

In order to solve the freeze at intro video on Steam, you just need to verify integrity od steam game cache. To do so, just follow below steps:

Launch Steam and login.
    Click on Library section and select Darksiders 2. Right click and select Properties.
    Now go to Local Files tab and click on "Verify integrity of game cache" button.

Thats it. Now allow the system to complete the process. Once it is done, restart steam and launch the game. Your problem would be solved.

Re: Darksiders 2 Steam Error "Game is Currently Unavailable" or Freezes during the Intro Video

Quote Originally Posted by Show Stopper View Post
    First whenever i was trying to launch the game many times it gave me error saying "Game is Currently Unavailable" and crashes to desktop.
    I have faced exactly the same problem with many steam games. The most probably cause for this error is DirectX. Have you updated your directx before installing the game ? If not, do it now. Just update to the latest DirectX. It will be too good if you also update MS VCredistributable. Also note that many times while running the game with DX10 or higher, it may miss few important files that comes with DX9. But you can get it simply under this folder “Steam\SteamApps\common\Darksiders 2”.

You can simply double click and run “dxwebsetup.exe” for DX9 and “vcredist_x86_sp1_atl_4053.exe” for MS redistributable.

Yeah, thats correct. All kinds of freezing errors can be solved easily by updating your graphics and other system drivers. Along with graphics drivers you should also update DirectX to the latest version whenever you install any new game. For more problems and errors solutions for Darksiders 2, check out this troubleshooting guide: http://forums.techdiscussion.in/show...startup-Issues