Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to Root Micromax Funbook Pro 10.1 Tab

How to Root Micromax Funbook Pro 10.1 Tab

Now as Funbook Pro has landed in the market and running out of stock, that means many people has already put their hands on it. Every user wants to root their Android devices to increase its performance and other stuffs. Hence, here I found a way to root the latest Android ICS based Funbook Pro tablet (thanks to XDA). If you are the one who wants to root their tab, follow below steps.

Before rooting:

You obviously you need to be ready with little stuff before you root any device. Below are the same:

That’s it. Now lets start rooting process. But be careful during the process, if any mistake happens in rooting any Android device, it may brick your phone or tab. Note, me or this site is not responsible for any kind of damage to your device.

Rooting Funbook Pro:

• First of all connect your Tablet to PC using USB cable. Make sure USB debugging is enabled. (Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging)
    • Extract CWM recovery.zip file you downloaded on PC.
    • You will find a file named Recovery-Install.bat under CWM recovery.zip, double click and run the same.
    • Select option one, i.e. “Install CWM recovery”. This will install CWM on your tablet.
    • Now copy CWM-SuperSU.zip on your Funbook Pro SD Card. Make sure it is copied in the SD card root so that it can be located easily.
    • Now disconnect the cable and turn off Tablet.
    • Here we need to boot the device in recovery mode. To do so press and hold Menu key and press power key. Don’t leave the keys until it boot in recovery console.
    • Now select “Update from SD Card” or “Select from SD Card”, locate CWM-SuperSU.zip file.
    • Select Yes and wait for sometime so that system can install the file.
    • Once it is done, come back to recovery home screen and reboot your system.

That’s it, your Funbook Pro is now rooted.

Re: How to Root Micromax Funbook Pro 10.1 Tab

That is really a great tutorial !!Master!!, thank you very much. I got my Funbook Pro tab 4 days ago and since than i searched a lot on web but dint found any. Finally got here. Really appreciated. But i have a problem while trying to root my tab. I enabled USB debugging and connected with PC. But whenever i double click the Recovery-Install.bat on my Windows 7 system, it does nothing. What should i do here ? Due to this am unable to proceed ahead. Please help me. :-[

Quote Originally Posted by G-One View Post
    I enabled USB debugging and connected with PC. But whenever i double click the Recovery-Install.bat on my Windows 7 system, it does nothing. [
    There is nothing to worry dude. It is just because your system is not detecting Funbook Tab properly. It can be fixed by installing the ADB drivers. So, you can download ADB Drivers from here, install it on your system. Reboot your computer, connect Funbook via USB now restart the rooting process again from scratch. It will work.

Master...are you sure that this is for the pro version (10.1 inches) as the instructions seem to be wrong... I have tried following them on windows 7 and Xp (installed all a10 drivers and device is recognized) . I face a message saying failed to copy recovery.img - permission denied.

Also the links to your files are broken

Can you please help

Thanks

ok the method is not working for, funbook pro gives permission denied error like other said. i also tried to install superuser bt cant update binary via it. (i think device has to be rooted for that)
    might be the base and os version diff.
    mine is - base 1.4 and os 4.0.4

any suggestion as adb drivers are working fine. cant figure any other way :-[

sahil

i do not think this is the correct tutorial. Firstly Funbook Pro does not have a physical menu button.So to enter recovery mode we have to use Vol +/- buttons.

also unlike the Funbook, the Funbook pro does not come pre-rooted. So we cant directly install any Rom. I am a newbie when it comes Android. I have MFB Pro with me but haven't yet been able to root it. Also since i use a Mac i can hardly find suitable software for the same.

I read somewhere that Funbooks come pre-Rooted from the manufacturer itself. Also it is written on many websites. So doe we really need to Root Funbook again for installing Custom ROMS?