Now as Funbook Pro has landed in the market and running out of stock, that means many people has already put their hands on it. Every user wants to root their Android devices to increase its performance and other stuffs. Hence, here I found a way to root the latest Android ICS based Funbook Pro tablet (thanks to XDA). If you are the one who wants to root their tab, follow below steps.
You obviously you need to be ready with little stuff before you root any device. Below are the same:
- Download Nandroid Backup and take backup of your entire tablet to prevent loss of any of your data.
- Download CWM recovery & CWM-SuperSU.zip on PC.
- Your Funbook Pro should have atleast 80% of charged battery.
That’s it. Now lets start rooting process. But be careful during the process, if any mistake happens in rooting any Android device, it may brick your phone or tab. Note, me or this site is not responsible for any kind of damage to your device.
Rooting Funbook Pro:
- First of all connect your Tablet to PC using USB cable. Make sure USB debugging is enabled. (Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging)
- Extract CWM recovery.zip file you downloaded on PC.
- You will find a file named Recovery-Install.bat under CWM recovery.zip, double click and run the same.
- Select option one, i.e. “Install CWM recovery”. This will install CWM on your tablet.
- Now copy CWM-SuperSU.zip on your Funbook Pro SD Card. Make sure it is copied in the SD card root so that it can be located easily.
- Now disconnect the cable and turn off Tablet.
- Here we need to boot the device in recovery mode. To do so press and hold Menu key and press power key. Don’t leave the keys until it boot in recovery console.
- Now select “Update from SD Card” or “Select from SD Card”, locate CWM-SuperSU.zip file.
- Select Yes and wait for sometime so that system can install the file.
- Once it is done, come back to recovery home screen and reboot your system.
That’s it, your Funbook Pro is now rooted.