Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Updating Nokia Lumia firmware via OTA update

Updating Nokia Lumia firmware via OTA update

I am having Nokia Lumia 800 and I am trying to update the firmware via OTA but I am not succeeding. After using the Android OS, I am finding much difficulty while using the Windows OS. Also I want to know that should I connect my device to Zune while updating. As I am new to Windows OS please guide me properly.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Updating Nokia Lumia firmware via OTA update

While updating the Windows Phone you will have to connect your device to Zune. Zune PC software has to be installed before connecting your mobile. After doing that follow the process for updating your phone:

• Click on the About option located in the Settings.
    • First you will have to check the current version of Windows OS that you are using by going to “More Information” in About option.
    • Here you will know whether new update is available for yourLumia 800 and if it shows new update then connect your phone to PC and your mobile will be automatically detected by Zune.
    • If update is available for your phone you will get some pop-ups. Follow the instructions accordingly. And then click on update. That’s it.

I hope that you will find this helpful and will able to update your Nokia Lumia 800.

One thing I would like to inform you that you should keep radio of your Nokia Lumia 800 off. Otherwise there are chances that you will get messages or calls obstructing your update. Also if you are using any anti-virus or Firewall, turn that off because they might hamper your update process too.

I would like to tell you that you don’t need to take the back-up of your phone before update process. Because the phone automatically creates a backup of significant data such as contacts and messages. And once it is done, it stores them in the memory. The steps provided above can be useful for other Nokia Lumia users, as it can be implemented in Lumia 610, Lumia 710 and Lumia 900.

If you are using Windows device, then you should have MS Zune and if you are using the Mac OS you should have Windows Phone 7 connector. You will get message on your phone when there are some updates available for your phone. Normally the updates are available weekly.

The update will not be sent to every Lumia 800 concurrently, but rather will be sent over the next two weeks through Microsoft’s standard update process.