Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Re: Download and Install Custom ROMs in Micromax Funbook

Re: Download and Install Custom ROMs in Micromax Funbook

Hello Gurucharan, as i can see this is your very first post, first of all you are welcome to this comuunity.

As per your query, yes there is a Video recorded by one of the Moderator of this forum which shows installing CyanBook (CyanogenMod 9) Custom%

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

The steps that are required to install the ROMs in Funbook are simple and are as follows:

1. First you will have to download the Fun Series v3 in your computer.

2. After downloading it, you will have to connect your device to computer and then move the downloaded ROM in your SD card.

3. Then start the recovery mode on your funbook after disconnecting it from computer.

4. Once you enter in recovery mode, select an option “install zip from sd card”

5. Later you will have to tap on choose zip from sd card and then select the downloaded file.

6. The screen will flash for some time when you choose the downloaded file.

7. The button “Go Back” will appear on your screen, tap on it and then reboot your phone.

Installing custom ROMs is really very great idea. You can also install apps like SetCPU which will be useful for you to overclock the tablet by aggregating clock frequency from 1.2 GHz to 1.5 GHz for quicker performance. If you don’t know from where to download, the following are some links that can be useful for downloading the Micromax Fun Series according to the version that you are using.

Before installing custom Rom, you should be careful with some points. You should take back-up your Funbook so that you cannot lose any data from it. Backup all necessary data like contacts, emails, settings, attachments, media etc. Also before starting this process, make sure that yours phone have minimum of 70 % battery life. If you have downloaded any anti-virus or firewall, I would like to advise you to disable it because many times they obstruct the process.

According to me, Micromax Funbook is pre-rooted, so we do not require rooting it again. Such process of rooting does nothing. Instead you can download 'root checker' app from the Google Play store and check it yourself before you continue to do anything meaningless with your device.

Hello TD Tech, I have a Funbook which is now a year old and getting slower day by day. So i was thinking to install some Custom ROM on my device as well as i read many people saying CyanogenMod is very fast and performs good. Now though i can understand the process by reading your steps provided above, i want to see it in action how actually people do it.

So is there any Video Guide of installing Custom ROMs on Funbook? Can you please provide its link if it is there? It will be really very helpful for me.Thank you very much.

Hello Gurucharan, as i can see this is your very first post, first of all you are welcome to this comuunity.

As per your query, yes there is a Video recorded by one of the Moderator of this forum which shows installing CyanBook (CyanogenMod 9) Custom Rom successfully on his Micromax Funbook Tablet. Have a look at this guide http://forums.techdiscussion.in/show...ook-Custom-ROM. It contains Video as well as text guide.

Hope it helps you.