Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: What is the best way to Create Bootable Flash Drive for Windows 7, Vista, or XP

What is the best way to Create Bootable Flash Drive for Windows 7, Vista, or XP

I am struggling from couple of weeks to create bootable flash drive for Windows 7 still am not able to do that efficiently. I want to use USB as flash drive and to make it bootable. Even though I am using Windows 7, I may need to work on Windows Vista and XP frequently. So can you guide me in making the Bootable Flash Drive for Windows 7, Vista, or XP.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: What is the best way to Create Bootable Flash Drive for Windows 7, Vista, or XP

Making bootable USB is quite easy process. You will have to make sure that your pen-drive should have capacity of more than 4 GB. Simpy take backup of the content in pendrive as it will get formatted during the process of making it bootable. Then follow these steps:

• Download the tools like Unebootin, WinToFlash, etc.
    • Then run the tool and browse to your operating system (Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP) files. While doing this make sure that you enter appropriate USB drive letter.
    • After doing this, click on the “create” button to start the bootable USB process.
    • Sometime later (couple of minutes) you can see your bootable USB. That’s all.

The whole process hardly takes 10-15 minutes. So you can get your bootable USB ready soon.

Re: What is the best way to Create Bootable Flash Drive for Windows 7, Vista, or XP

If you are having any issues while using some of the bootable tools, you can use other also. The following are some useful tools that can be used for making bootable USB:

1. Unebootin

2. Bootable USB (This tool doesn’t work with Windows XP operating system)

3. WinToFlash

4. Make USB Disk Bootable

You can also make your USB bootable by using the command prompt. But the disadvantage of this method is that you will have to waste lot of time by applying loads of commands. So, I would recommend you to use some of the above mentioned tools by other guys. There might be several paid tools that also allows you to create a bootable drive, but these tools are certainly helpful as one can create a bootable USB in just few simple steps.