Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Poll: Intel vs AMD processors comparison

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Intel CPU vs. AMD CPU

Intel CPU vs. AMD CPU

Hi all, I am new to computers and I have learned some basic things and want to buy desktop for home. I am not having enough ideas about the processors and my friends are making me more confuse by suggesting various options. But even they are not having much knowledge about it.

So I thought to post my query over here. I am curious to know which is better processor, Intel or AMD? I have opted Intel i5 and AMD Phenom X6 1100T, which would be good selection for me? I would be using my PC for gaming and other purposes. I would not be using high-defined application in it. Also please suggest me some good graphic card for respective processors.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: Intel CPU vs. AMD CPU

As far as i know, offcourse, Intel Core i5 would be the faster processor in most cases. AMD processors, mainly the Phenom X6 lines, are also very good when games are concerned. While the AMD processors may not be quite as fast as Intel processors, they let to cost a lot less, thereby providing improved value and letting you invest your money on a superior video card or a solid-state drive (SSD).

So in your case, I think that Intel i5 would be good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreanaz View Post
    Hi all, I am new to computers and I have learned some basic things and want to buy desktop for home. I am not having enough ideas about the processors and my friends are making me more confuse by suggesting various options. But even they are not having much knowledge about it.

So I thought to post my query over here. I am curious to know which is better processor, Intel or AMD? I have opted Intel i5 and AMD Phenom X6 1100T, which would be good selection for me? I would be using my PC for gaming and other purposes. I would not be using high-defined application in it. Also please suggest me some good graphic card for respective processors.
    If you go with Intel, I'd suggest a board from Asus, such as the P6X58D-E and a Core i7-960 processor. I know that this processor is different from what you are planning (i5 processor) but you will not have to look processor for some more years.

Asus is the best board even if you go with an AMD. I would also like to add that Socket 1366 boards feature three-channel memory, so it would be easier for you to increase the RAM and your performance will get increased automatically.

If you are planning to get a desktop for gaming purpose, I think Core i5 is enough for you rather than going for i7 processor. Intel i7 900 series and high level 800 series are actually designed for CAD work or other animation applications, whereas i5 700 series were designed for gaming. So better go for i5 and you will save some money.