Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Fix error code 0x80040fb3 on Blackberry smartphone

Fix error code 0x80040fb3 on Blackberry smartphone

I am trying to sync my contacts from MS Outlook 2007 to my BlackBerry Storm 9530, but I am constantly getting the error message with error code 0x80040fb3.

I have tried doing lot of things but I was not successful in resolving that error. I am expecting some help from you scholars out there. Also let me tell you that I am using updated version of desktop manager on my smartphone. Thank You.

Re: Fix error code 0x80040fb3 on Blackberry smartphone

First of all make sure that you are using the latest version of desktop manager on your BlackBerry Storm 9530. If it is latest version and still you are getting an error, then you should try resetting the configuration of synchronization by doing the following steps:

• Take your Blackberry Storm and open Desktop Manager in it.
    • Then open the Synchronize application.
    • After that click on configuration tab, and then press the reset configuration button on the screen. Then pop-up will display asking about the confirmation, press Yes.

I hope that your problem will get solved after doing these steps.

The problem that you are facing can be due to data within MS Outlook which is corrupted. So in order to fix this, you will have to export the data in CSV file initially and then import it back in. While importing it, you will get an confirmation pop asking you to overwrite an existing file, simply click on Yes. Once this has been finished clear the related database from your smartphone and try to synchronize again. It should work. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by musician View Post
    I am trying to sync my contacts from MS Outlook 2007 to my BlackBerry Storm 9530, but I am constantly getting the error message with error code 0x80040fb3.
    I am also facing the similar problems (same error code). But am frustrated by the solution you suggested above about exporting Outlook 2007 contacts and again importing them because i have already tried. Along with this I also tried changing my sync options in BlackBerry Desktop manager, and it still it was of no use. By doing all these things I am getting the same error code and message. So, please give me some more suggestions.

Well guys, don’t panic, just relax. I have been through this problem in the past and somehow it got resolved. So, why don’t you try doing R & D; when you firstly connect your Blackberry Storm 9530 to your USB port, the sync process will start soon, at some point the items to be "synchronized" looks for you and will ask you to accept or reject. At this moment you will have to accept and that's when the error code gets displayed. Just complete the sync process without been worried.

Then click on sync option located in lower right side, due to which the sync process will restart. You will have to repeat these steps for one or two more times, and your error code will get resolved. I know it is tedious job of doing things again and again but trust me third or fourth time you will not get error.