Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How Viber works in Windows Phone 7

How Viber works in Windows Phone 7

I have used Viber application on Android and I came to know that Viber is also out for the Windows 7 OS. I am looking for the Smartphone having Windows 7 or BlackBerry but I am not sure whether Viber will work on it or not. Since, Viber helps us deduct the cost of our phone bill by allowing us to send free text messages from Phone; I want it in my phone. Please provide some more information about the Viber working in Windows 7 and BlackBerry.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How Viber works in Windows Phone 7

Viber for BlackBerry Beta and Windows Phone 7 was released couple of months ago. So you can download it and can use without any issues. Viber lets everybody in the world connect without any cost.

Viber’s millions of users can converse anytime, anywhere, from iPhone, Android and now also from BlackBerry and Windows 7 smartphones. So you can blindly go for the Windows 7 SmartPhone or BlackBerry. Viber is easy to use - it combines without any flaw with your existing contacts list and uses your cell phone number as your Viber ID.

I would like to notify you that Viber for BlackBerry and Windows 7 phone is currently in Beta version. Now BlackBerry’s and Windows Phone 7 faithful users can have a Viber experience while they keep working very tough on developing a full version of Viber for the BlackBerry and Windows Phone 7 users. This beta version of Viber for Windows Phone has some less functionality than the iOS and Android versions of the app.

Viber for BlackBerry Beta and WP7 offers Viber Messaging, permitting users to send text and photo messages and share locations with other Viber users. But the main drawback is that you cannot do the voice calling through it as it is Beta version.

Also it doesn't sync well with contacts. So you will have to keep in minds all these cons of beta version.