Thread: Installing Windows 8 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Installing Windows 8 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I own Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 in which OS is Android Honeycomb 3.1. Now I am eager to install Windows 8 on my Tab. Is it possible for me to use Windows 8 alone or with Android (Dual Boot)?

It has ARM core processor and the Screen Resolution is 1280 x 800. Please help me soon as possible.

Re: Installing Windows 8 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

The main issue in this matter is that your Tab is having ARM processor and Windows 8 does not run on this processor. So, sadly there is no solution and you will have to continue using Android. And if you want to use only Windows 8, then you can change your Tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Light View Post
    I own Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 in which OS is Android Honeycomb 3.1. Now I am eager to install Windows 8 on my Tab. Is it possible for me to use Windows 8 alone or with Android (Dual Boot)?

It has ARM core processor and the Screen Resolution is 1280 x 800. Please help me soon as possible.
    It’s true that you cannot install Windows 8 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. And the main reason behind it; is a processor.

For installing the Windows 8, you should have an x86 processor only and it will not run on ARM processor that your Tab is having. But I guess that in upcoming days, Windows 8 with advanced version will run on ARM processors. Let’s wait till then.

If I will purchase myself a tablet I’ll certainly be looking into Windows 8. Not because I think it’s superior than the competition, but for the reason that the demo's I've seen seems good, I’ll end up on an environment I'm previously familiar with and it would effortlessly combine in with my current environment.

I have installed Windows 8 on PC, but what about installing it on ARM processors? According to me, it will be cool if Microsoft let us an advanced version to install in Tablets that already have other Operating System installed, focusing in Tablets with Android.

Maybe they require an SDK to build the Windows for such devices. And I am sure that they will have good time, once this is done.

Hey guys, i have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. is it possible to install Windows 8 on my Tab? If yes, Please let me know how to do that.

And if not, then please list here the tablets that can support Windows 8 OS. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by NokDroid View Post
    Hey guys, i have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. is it possible to install Windows 8 on my Tab? If yes, Please let me know how to do that.

And if not, then please list here the tablets that can support Windows 8 OS. Thanks a lot.
    Nope there is no way you can install Windows 8 on Samsung Galaxy Tag 2. However if you want you can download Windows 8 launcher from our Download Center or directly from Google Play Store that will turn your tab 2 user interface like shown in this image:

There are few tablets that have been tested with Windows 8 such Samsung Slate 7 tablet which has a Core i5 processor. ExoPC Slate, Nexus 7, etcc.If you have any one of these tabs, than check out the step by step process of installing Windows 8 on Tablets here http://forums.techdiscussion.in/show...-by-Step-Guide