Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to root ASUS Nexus 7, Backup, unlock the bootloader, install custom recovery

How to root ASUS Nexus 7, Backup, unlock the bootloader, install custom recovery

I am having ASUS Nexus 7 tablet and I am very eager to install custom modifications. I am sure that there would be some scholars that will help me on this topic. I am very much fond of Android and so selected Nexus 7. And moreover I wanted to play games, so this was the best option for me to buy.

But now I am stuck while doing some customization. I want to Root, UnRoot, Backup, Unlock and Install Recovery in it. Please reply me soon.

Re: How to root ASUS Nexus 7, Backup, unlock the bootloader, install custom recovery

There are many powerful tool that will help you for backup. You can use Titanium Backup, ClockworkMod Recovery, One Click Tool, etc. I would recommend you to continue doing customizing only if you are having good knowledge of it. Because sometimes applying given instructions may produce undesired outcomes, and in such times you cannot blame anyone. So better be careful.

Re: How to root ASUS Nexus 7, Backup, unlock the bootloader, install custom recovery

You can get proper output, once you follow the steps properly. There is absolutely no need for worry while doing this. You can try doing the following steps :

1: First you will have to install a custom recovery or additional software

2: Run apps that need root permissions, such as Titanium Backup or One Click Tool

3: Completely backup and restore the device or flash custom firmware.

Since unlocking the bootloader will format all data from your device, it’s a good idea either to back everything up before starting. I would strongly recommend you doing this.
    Follow us on Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | Twitter

On your Nexus 7 Tablet, follow the below steps:

1. Start by going to the notification area and tap on settings icon. You can also go to settings from menu.
    2. No scroll down and click on Developer options. Simply slide the switch and turn it on.
    3. Now turn on USB debugging by checking it box and come back to the home screen.
    4. Tap the “About tablet” option.
    8. Then take down the Build number — the last item on this screen.

Once you have completed this, do the following things on your PC. Once your drivers are installed, you can use the other tools included in the Nexus Root Toolkit. Make certain to prefer the model type that matches with your device. The toolkit also sustains the Samsung Galaxy Nexus smartphone, so though you are using it with a Nexus 7 tablet, scroll down to the Nexus 7 section and choose the build number that matches with the one you create in the About tablet area.

The unlock button will reboot your device, unlock the bootloader, format all your data, and then go back to the Android 4.1 setup screen. The process takes some time (couple of minutes), and your device may reboot a few times. You have not to be bothered. This is normal.