Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: When HTC Desire HD will get ICS update

When HTC Desire HD will get ICS update

I am having HTC Desire running on GingerBread. I am very much excited about Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, coming to HTC. I have tried to get some help from my friends about an ICS update but was not successful. So I thought that here I would get some help.

Please tell me when HTC Desire HD will get ICS update? And how can I do the process?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: When HTC Desire HD will get ICS update

Its very bad to inform you that there will be no ICS update for this mobile. HTC have just declared that Desire HD Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade has been dropped. I donít know enough reason about that but manufacturer acknowledges its verdict to strike-out the super-sized handset, primarily listed for the upgrade. And along with you and many other users this news will cause upset.

I think if you are having enough knowledge about partitioning device storage, you should try it. But you should keep in mind that requires re-partitioning device storage and overwriting your (user) data in order to install this update.

I know that this all sounds techy, but if you are desperate about it, you should give a try.

I think if you are having enough knowledge about partitioning device storage, you should try it. But you should keep in mind that requires re-partitioning device storage and overwriting your (user) data in order to install this update. I know that this all sounds techy, but if you are desperate about it, you should give a try.

Yeah, even I think that you should try doing partitioning. This is all due to how storage on the HTC Desire HD is partitioned – and the bigger size of Android 4.0 – it would require re-partitioning. Due to this many customers would not find this solution acceptable. So, there is no other way than doing this.

According to me, you should check everything properly before doing R & D. Because I have read that even after installing the software update on the handset, it negatively impacted the user familiarity and other features and functionality on the phone.

So, once you try to do that, everything may be impacted.