Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Prototype 2 Steam error “This item is currently unavailable in your region”

Prototype 2 Steam error “This item is currently unavailable in your region”

I was so happy about the launch of Prototype 2 on PC. I have played the first series and was fan of Alex Mercer’s powers. So was waiting since long time for the release of this sequence and finally it is now released for PCs. As I always play high end games on Steam, I did the same thing for this as well. Pre-order the game on steam 5 days ago, all process went successfully. But now, when the game is released, when I go to the Prototype’s page on Steam, I get a following error

“An error was encountered while processing your request: This item is currently unavailable in your region”

Does that mean that the game is not yet launched in India? What can I do to fix this error?

Re: Prototype 2 Steam error “This item is currently unavailable in your region”

It seems like not just India, I am from Europe and here is what i get while accessing the game:

i want to know is the game really launched or the dates are postpond ? If it is launched than in which country ? Why are we getting that error ?

Re: Prototype 2 Steam error “This item is currently unavailable in your region”

Quote Originally Posted by Alex-Mercer View Post
    “An error was encountered while processing your request: This item is currently unavailable in your region”

Does that mean that the game is not yet launched in India? What can I do to fix this error?
    Well, there was a note posted by Steam on the release day of Prototype 2, where they have mentioned if you are playing the game on Steam, only users from North, Central and South America will be able to access the game. The game is yet still not available via Steam to the rest of the world.

Hence when you are trying to access the game's page on steam, you all are getting the above error message. ??? Even i am one of you, bought the game and is yet not available in India through steam. So what i am doing is just waiting to get launched in India. :-*