Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: LG Optimus 4X HD poor battery life

LG Optimus 4X HD poor battery life

LG Optimus 4x HD is not good as I had expected. The phone has a poor battery life. This is common in many smartphones, but the cost at which I had purchased I am not happy with it. No doubt the phone is great with rich features but I cannot operate that for atleast 10 hrs what is the worth of buying.

I do not know why manufacturers do not research to develop some new technology that can provide a good battery power.

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: LG Optimus 4X HD poor battery life

These smartphones have high screen brightness, multimedia features and good web surfing ability. All of the mentioned stuff needs good battery power. In addition the phone is having Nvidia Tegra 3 chipset. This chipset has some features based on power saving. There were news before which said that the phone which will have this chipset will give a better battery power. But those assumptions failed. The phone can give you around 6 hrs constant battery power if you are not playing music or viewing videos. If you are using the phone speaker then do not expect the above time period. The phone lies tentative between 6 to 7 hrs of battery power. The phone is not recommended to carry while travelling. Or simply spend some money and buy a travelling charger.

To improve the battery performance you have to avoid something. Set the phone brightness at lower level to save some power. I was hoping to get atleast 10 hrs of battery life. Charging a phone 2 times in day is possible but more than that is simply annoying.

When the phone has active internet connection then the battery life is reduced more. It goes below 5hrs. I had not really expected such downfall.

For multimedia usage getting 4hrs battery life is possible. But above that you need to carry a charger or extra battery. Battery life is the weakest point of many high end smartphones. You are playing rich media content on it which needs more battery power used by processor.

The most battery consuming process is web surfing. So if you are a guy who needs internet 24x7 on a Smartphone better buy an iPad.