I am planning to upgrade my CPU (presently having AMD Athlon x2 7550 2.50GHz AM2+) on my computer because it s not satisfy my needs. I am using some graphical software which is not working smooth with this CPU. Also planning to start game development which i don't think will be possible on my current processor. As of now my first preference is to go with AMD phenom II X4 920 2.8 GHZ AM2+ processor. So, I want know that will this CPU work on my older motherboard or should I need to change the motherboard as well.
If anyone have proper knowledge of CPU and Motherboard Compatibility than please help me out. For you reference, below are my current specifications:
- Motherboard: MSI DKA790GX Platinum (MS-7550)
- Current CPU: AMD Athlon x2 7550 2.50GHz AM2+
- RAM: Kingston 2 x 2GB DDR2 RAM
- Hard disk: Seagate 500 GB 7200RPM SATA II
- PSU: VIP 400W genuine PSU
Thanks in Advance.