Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Upgrade Server Motherboard with USB 3.0 Interface

Upgrade Server Motherboard with USB 3.0 Interface

I have a server at my office. It works on 64bit architecture hooked with NAS devices. The current NAS is configured on usb 2.0 port. I had added usb 3.0 card to ensure what speed I can get. But that was not so good. It can be due to the card that i am using.

Now I am planning to change my mobo and buy an usb 3.0 board directly which can give me at least 6 ports. On that i will hook the NAS devices. The data is saved on through an automated backup tool. There is around 400GB data moved from server to the nas. The backup today has took more than 8 hours but I think by adding a usb 3.0 interface I will be able to reduces that atleast to 50%.

Re: Upgrade Server Motherboard with USB 3.0 Interface

USB 3.0 is called as superspeed. This interface can help you to attain data transfer on gbps. Compared to old standard this one is around 6x faster. There is no intact information about the transfer speeds because with some pc you can have 400 to 600mbps and in some you can have above 800gbs. Other than this there is a better power management which is not found in usb 2.0. The device work instantly and do to upnp quality you do not need installation work. The new standard has started coming in latest motherboards. I hope you can find a good one for your pc.

What I like good about usb 3.0 interface, is that it is capable of running usb 2.0 devices. You need to check one thing before buying the same. Your NAS drive also must have usb 3.0 interface. So that the data will be transferred from usb 3.0 to usb 3.0.

Or else you will never get the speed that you are thinking about. The new interface benefits from synchronization technology which is called as Sync-N-Go. This technology simply reduces the time waiting. The time when you connect an usb device to your system and wait until the same is fully detected.

That is right there are many benefits of the same. usb 3.0 is designed to give you more better power consumption because of which the data transfer is not affected. For server stuff it is quiet better to use. Because on server the data transfer directly affects application performance. The technology which gives native support of usb 3.0 interface on your existing hardware is not better.

You need a motherboard which has usb 3.0 ports. With good cpu power your backup process will be done within minutes and the data on the same hand is not damaged.