Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Which is better to choose, kindle fire or low range tablet pc like funbook?

Which is better to choose, kindle fire or low range tablet pc like funbook?

My dad needs a new eBook reader. He asked me to assist him. I went to nearby mall where i saw many low range Indian tablets. Among them my friend’s mom has kindle fire. I had seen that also. According to them this best and nice. As it is on android you can run many android applications on the same.
    I need some device which must be a better eBook reader. It does not matter whether it has any special feature or not. I tried to locate some information on the same and found that kindle fire has positive review from everyone... What are your assumptions on the same?

Re: Which is better to choose, kindle fire or low range tablet pc like funbook?

I will go with Kindle Fire. I have one with me and it is awesome. You do not know, but it has a modified version of Android operating system. This modified version gives you better interface and higher performance compared to those low range tablets you are talking about. What i know that older version of kindle was not perfect.

But the new one is much better with ample of new support. There is a WiFi and video codecs through which you can play many videos and share your content easily. You can then use Google Play and enjoy more apps.

Among low range tables Micromax’s Funbook is good. But go with kindle fire if budget does not matter much. Low range tablets have less life and they get affected as times goes on. The performance is affected. Kindle fire on the same hand is a perfect eBook reader.

And above eBook reader it is a table. With 7 inches screen the tablet works on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which perfectly modified by Amazon. Along with Google play you can go on Amazon Appstore to find more Android apps. If you want you can wait for sometime till nexus is out.

Yes do the same, wait for some more time. Go on Google nexus site you can find the tablet with many rich features it is Android too... but the only issue with nexus is that it does not has flash support. This makes the tablet poor in performance. Compared to nexus, kindle fire is cheaper. This makes it more affordable. You can wait for some time, because there are many new companies coming up with low range android table. For more info on such tablets, checkout the list of low budget tablets here http://forums.techdiscussion.in/show...ow-10-000-INR) . Do not go for funbook or any other. Because it is not worth to compare them with kindle fire.