Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: Mercury mTab Rio Android ICS Tablet launched for Rs 11,999

Mercury mTab Rio Android ICS Tablet launched for Rs 11,999

After many low cost tablets launched in India including Funbook, HCL, iBerry with Android’s Ice Cream Sandwich, here is one more low cost tablet launched by Kobian India manufacturer called Mercury. They launched a new 9.7-inch Tablet PC named “mTab Rio”. They also launched a Gingerbread based tablet mTab Neo2 couple of months ago in April but this time they came back with ICS and lots more new features.

Running on 1.2GHz processor and 1GB of DDR3 RAM new mTab Rio is having a wide 9.7-inch IPS touchscreen display. Users also a get a 2 megapixel rear camera and a front facing VGA camera for making video calls. Other than this new mTab Rio offers 8 GB built-in storage that can be expanded upto 32GB with provided memory card slot. As per the connectivity, users can run this tab with 3G but they need to connect a 3G USB dongle similar to Micromax Funbook as there is no internal SIM slot provided. As an alternate, it is WiFI compatible. If you have a wireless access around you, there will be no issue for connectivity.

The new Mercury mTab Rio also comes with many built-in important applications such as Google Maps, Navigation, Drive, Google Plus, Google Talk, Google Mail, Picasa Web Album and Google Play Store using which you can download millions of free apps. The tab also provides you to play Flash Games on Facebook as it has support for Adobe Flash as well. Well, while playing games or browsing you don’t need to worry about the battery as the battery embedded provides you battery life upto 7 hours.

Mercury mTab Rio Ice cream sandwich will be available in all retails store near you soon at the price of 11,999/- INR.

Re: Mercury mTab Rio Android ICS Tablet launched for Rs 11,999

Wow, thats seems interesting. I guess this mTab Rio could be the very strong competitor for iBerry Axus and Micromax Funbook because of its features mentioned. Though, for the people thinking that its is much costlier than those, they should also know that its much larger than those as well. If am not wrong i guess Funbook and iBerry are with 7inch screen whereas this is 9.7 inch and just 3 to 4 thousand costlier. Still it is worth.

I am surely gonna have one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Youth View Post
    Wow, thats seems interesting. I guess this mTab Rio could be the very strong competitor for iBerry Axus and Micromax Funbook because of its features mentioned. Though, for the people thinking that its is much costlier than those, they should also know that its much larger than those as well. If am not wrong i guess Funbook and iBerry are with 7inch screen whereas this is 9.7 inch and just 3 to 4 thousand costlier. Still it is worth.
    Well that sounds good and pretty interesting. Anyway, could you please let me know its specifications please ?

Here are specifications of Mercury mTab Rio:

• Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
    • 1.2 GHz multi-core processor
    • 1GB DDR3 RAM
    • 9.7-inch IPS display
    • 8GB internal storage memory, expandable up to 32GB
    • Wi-Fi connectivity
    • 3G with USB Dongle
    • 2.0 rear megapixel camera, VGA front camera