Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: MSI P67A-GD53 Gaming Issues

MSI P67A-GD53 Gaming Issues

Hi, I am having a Windows 7 computer running with MSI P67A-GD53 mobo, Core i5 3.30GHz, 4 GB RAM and VIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1GB video card. Yes, I have made it for gaming itself. Now the problem am facing is while playing any game my display starts freezing and the sound stuck in between. Not just the game, it freezes my entire computer and to get back normal I use to have only one way left, that is to hard reboot the system. Can anyone help me in solving this problem?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: MSI P67A-GD53 Gaming Issues

Well friend, there could be two problems in your case. First, your graphics card could be the culprit. I have been through such problem and after workaround I found that it was my graphic card creating the problem. To make it sure I check my graphic card with my friends PC and the problem appeared on his PC as well. When I tried installing his video card in my system, my system was working fine.Hence I just changed it and fixed the problem. When I checked the graphics card with another one I found that the problem is with the graphics card. The graphics card of my desktop was not working properly in my computer as well as in my friendís computer. I had to changed the graphics card as the card was out of warranty.

Second reason could your drivers. Many users fix their lagging, sound crackling, and many more such problems by simply updating the drivers. Iíll suggest you to update your graphics card drivers and see if it works.

You can download Nvidia Card drivers from here
    And if its AMD ATI Graphic Cards, download drivers from here

Re: MSI P67A-GD53 Gaming Issues

Quote Originally Posted by russel View Post
    Second reason could your drivers. Many users fix their lagging, sound crackling, and many more such problems by simply updating the drivers. I’ll suggest you to update your graphics card drivers and see if it works.
    That’s correct Russel. Most of the time problem occurs with the graphic’s drivers. I think you should re-install or better upgrade the drivers

Also if there is any problem with the graphic card, I’ll suggest you to use MSI Kombustor. This helps you to boosts up the graphics of your card. It is the ultimate graphics card burner utility that boots up to 93% of the performance. Based on the OpenGL 2/3/4 and direct x 9/10/11 it uses full power of the graphics card allowing you to adjust the speed of the fan under different temperature and trigger points. It also provides you the driver version, bios version and the update link from which you can update the driver.