Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: How to disable startup screen and boot to desktop directly in windows 8

How to disable startup screen and boot to desktop directly in windows 8

Hello friends I was using windows 7 operating system in my computer and recently I have installed windows 8 consumer preview to experience the new OS as well. I happy with all new features of the windows 8 consumer preview. Whenever I start my computer at that time it does not start directly to the desktop but instead of that I get Metro user interface which allows me to select my applications from there., but I want to make my computer to start with desktop. I have try to find setting without any luck. Please let me know what should I do to start my system to desktop?

•   Alt Ads!

TechDiscussion

Re: How to disable startup screen and boot to desktop directly in windows 8

You should try below steps to fix this problem.

• You have to go to the C drive and open Users folder.
    • Now look for the folder with your username and open it.
    • After that you have to go according to this “/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Startup’
    • Now you have to right click there and select new option and click on the “Shortcut”
    • After that you have to enter this “C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:::{3080F90D-D7AD-11D9-BD98-0000947B0257}”
    • Once you enter the location after that you have to enter name (you can enter name anything you want)
    • Click on finish button and restart your computer.

Re: How to disable startup screen and boot to desktop directly in windows 8

I will suggest you to open Start Screen by pressing windows key and after doing that you have to type event viewer and open it. Click on the settings from the results and then click on the view event log option. From event viewer log you have to click on windows log button and then expand it. After doing that you have to right click on the Winlogon even from applications. Select “Attach Task To This Event”.

Click on the next button from “Create Basic Task” window and then you have to select start a program from left side of the window. Now after that you have to type this “C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:::{3080F90D-D7AD-11D9-BD98-0000947B0257}” command and click on next button. After that you have to click on yes button from the “Task Scheduler pop up”. Restart your computer and then see whether it makes any difference.