Welcome to TechDiscussion Forums

Your one stop community for Technical Assistance

•  » Need latest Tech Updates?
  •  » Looking for Windows Troubleshooting?
  •  » Want some optimization Tips for Smartphone?
  •  » Or any other Technology discussion?

...You have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

p.s.: For registered members TechDiscussion.in is free of ads

Thread: HTCs first ever Android ICS based Dual-SIM phones - HTC Desire V and Desire VC

HTCs first ever Android ICS based Dual-SIM phones - HTC Desire V and Desire VC

HTC too now jumped to the area of Dual-SIM smartphones by announcing their upcoming smartphones HTC Desire V and Desire VC. Out of these two new handsets, HTC has made Desire V especially for the Asian market whereas HTC Desire VC is said to be the Chinese market version. Though both smartphones are Dual-Sim capable, Desire V supports GSM+GSM network and Desire VC is compatible with EVDO+CDMA.

HTC Desire V is very similar to One S in looks and as per the specifications, its too similar to One V. Measuring just 118.5mm x 62.3mm x 9.3mm and weighing 114gms the device is powered by latest Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS along with Qualcomm 1GHz Cortex-A5 processor, Adreno 200 graphics and 512 MB RAM. Seems very strong with the specs and too good for gaming as well as for multimedia purpose. In addition there is a 4-inch display offering 480x800 pixels resolution. There is a 5 megapixel camera with LED flash and VGA recording capability. It lacks the front facing camera.

As per the storage, Desire V comes with built-in 4GB and can be expanded using Micro Sd Card. Other features include WiFi, 3G connectivity, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, FM radio and Beats Audio. The smartphone comes already skinned with HTC Sense 4.0 UI. Desire VC is also very much similar to the Desire V.

HTC Desire V will probably hit Indian markets by the end of July 2012. Though there is no announcement on the prices, Desire V is expected to cost around 20,500/- Rupees. Desire VC should also be launch by the same time costing bit lower than Desire V 318 USD.

Re: HTCs first ever Android ICS based Dual-SIM phones - HTC Desire V and Desire VC

Checout Specs and Features of both Dual Sim Smartphones.

HTC Desire V Features:

• 4.0 Inches Wide Capacitive Touchscreen display with resolution of 480 x 800 pixels
    • Beats Audio Sound Enhancement
    • 4 GB storage, External memory up to 32 GB
    • Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
    • Dual SIM (dual stand-by) Facility
    • 5 MP, 2592?1944 pixels, autofocus Camera with LED flash which captures good quality images
    • Running on Android OS, v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
    • 1 GHz Cortex-A5 For speedy performance
    • 512 MB RAM Internal Memory
    • Stereo FM radio with RDS
    • Dropbox facility of 25 GB storage
    • MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player and MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV player
    • Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar and Google Talk built-in

HTC Desire VC Features:
    • 4.0 Inches Capacitive Touchscreen Display with the resolution of 480800
    • 3.5mm Audio Jack with Beats Audio Sound Enhancement
    • 512 MB RAM Internal Memory for storing big files
    • 4 GB storage, expandable up to 32 GB
    • Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, DLNA is Available for fast sharing and easy connectivity
    • 5 MP, 2592?1944 pixels, autofocus with LED flash captures the good quality images
    • Dual Sim with Dual Stand by Smartphone
    • Android OS, v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
    • 1 GHz Cortex-A5 processor for high processing speed
    • Stereo FM radio with RDS, to be aware about the world
    • Enjoy Video and Audio with MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player and MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV player
    • Available apps. like Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk
    • Standard battery, Li-Ion 1650 mAh

Re: HTCs first ever Android ICS based Dual-SIM phones - HTC Desire V and Desire VC

Yes this is the first smartphone from HTC which will have dual sim slot and it have many other attractive features. Currently there is no proper information available in internet regarding HTC Desire V Release Date In India. It will get announced very soon.

According to me HTC Desire V mobile phone is expected launch in 3rd Quarter 2012, I am not sure whether this information is correct or not, as I come to know about this information from internet only. If you want to know anything more about HTC Desire V then let me know.

Hey guys, i was looking to buy a new smartphone for myself and as am a HTC user since long time, i'm thinking to go with any one of these two devices. Can anyone here please tell me what is the current price of HTC Desire V and Desire VC ?

You have a good choice buddy, these phones are very good. Now a days, you can buy HTC Desire V for Rs. 15,400/- and HTC Desire VC for 18,000/-